Acer Aspire 3000 trackpad-keyboard problem

Cameron L.

Friends,
I'm desperate to solve a problem I have been trying to fix for days =(
Have an Acer Aspire 3002LC where the keyboard and trackpad failed to work
after a few boot-ups.

Here are my observations:

1) can go through Win XP SP 2 installation every time with no problem.
Keyboard and track pad work fine. After a few uses (startup, shut down and
turn off) the keyboard does not work at all, and mouse cursor can't be moved
and intermittently runs around the screen.

2) when installing Win XP SP 3 I had to use a USB keyboard and USB mouse to
go through installation.

3) Keyboard and trackpad work PERFECTLY when running safe mode in either Win
XP SP 2 or SP 3.

4) Keyboard and trackpad work perfectly in DOS and linux booting up. (e.g.
ultimate boot CD)

How do I get the trackpad and keyboard to work under Windows in Normal Mode?
As far as I can work out this is most definitely a Windows software/driver
issue. What is a list of different things I can do to try and make this
work?
Thanks so much for any help!

Cameron

Fred

"Cameron L." wrote in message
news:tqhUo.6517$(E-Mail Removed) ond.com...

[...]

Try running it off the ac adapter with the battery removed.
If it works ok either replace the battery or disable power management.

BillW50

In news:tqhUo.6517$(E-Mail Removed) ond.com,
Cameron L. typed on Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:21:15 +1000:
> Friends,
> I'm desperate to solve a problem I have been trying to fix for days =(
> Have an Acer Aspire 3002LC where the keyboard and trackpad failed to
> work after a few boot-ups.

Hi Cameron! Sounds like a rogue keyboard and mouse driver somehow got
installed to me. As it works using the stock drivers in safe mode. So
what kind of drivers is the Device Manager showing for both?

Some people have had luck removing the keyboard and mouse drivers and
rebooting and let Windows automatically reinstall them. Although I
wouldn't do both at the same time. Because once you remove both, neither
will work and you might be stuck without any input device. Even the USB
ones may not work.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cameron L. wrote:
> Friends,
> I'm desperate to solve a problem I have been trying to fix for days =(
> Have an Acer Aspire 3002LC where the keyboard and trackpad failed to
> work after a few boot-ups.
>
> Here are my observations:
>
> 1) can go through Win XP SP 2 installation every time with no problem.
> Keyboard and track pad work fine. After a few uses (startup, shut
> down and turn off) the keyboard does not work at all, and mouse
> cursor can't be moved and intermittently runs around the screen.
>
> 2) when installing Win XP SP 3 I had to use a USB keyboard and USB
> mouse to go through installation.
>
> 3) Keyboard and trackpad work PERFECTLY when running safe mode in
> either Win XP SP 2 or SP 3.
>
> 4) Keyboard and trackpad work perfectly in DOS and linux booting up.
> (e.g. ultimate boot CD)
>
> How do I get the trackpad and keyboard to work under Windows in
> Normal Mode? As far as I can work out this is most definitely a
> Windows software/driver issue. What is a list of different things I
> can do to try and make this work?
> Thanks so much for any help!

Hi Cameron.

Have you been to Acer's sire and dowloaded the correct drivers for your
model laptop and OS?
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Acer Aspire 3000 Problem Stephen Blakley Laptops 2 11-26-2008 04:27 AM
Acer aspire 3000 problem Bill Laptops 1 12-23-2007 07:45 PM
acer aspire 3000 disk problem r_haarberg@hotmail.com Acer 1 07-25-2006 10:40 AM
Imminent Hard Drive failure on an ACER Aspire 3000? Jason Ducharme Acer 6 04-07-2006 08:33 PM
Installing DVDRW In Acer Aspire 3000 guyie21 Acer 0 12-02-2005 07:05 PM