Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

Sheldon

On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a picture
of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to indicate the
wireless is turned on. What does the LED to the left of the small strip
indicate? It never seems to come on.

Thanks.

Sheldon

"Cheeky Bastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YvLnl.12936$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sheldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gnnl6n$5sn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a
>> picture of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to
>> indicate the wireless is turned on. What does the LED to the left of the
>> small strip indicate? It never seems to come on.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of the
> netbook and you will see where it goes.
>
> CB

Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

Sheldon

"Cheeky Bastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9YFol.21018$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sheldon wrote:
>> "Cheeky Bastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:YvLnl.12936$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Sheldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:gnnl6n$5sn$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Future use for the SIM card module. Open the door on the bottom of
>>> the netbook and you will see where it goes.
>>>
>>> CB
>>>

>> Thanks for the quick answer. That would be cool.

> Forgot to mention if you take your battery off you will see an indent with
> a slot that has a simcard icon.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/10565951@N06/3140548823/
>
> CB

Thanks. Any idea when we might see these things? Very often electronic
companies make holes and slots for lots of things that never materialize.
My slot is covered by some sticky tape, but the symbol for a sim card is
there. I assume the modem will be provided by Acer and the sim will be
provided by your carrier.