Acer Aspire service manual

Hamish

Hi,

Anyone know where to get hold of a service manual for a 3620 series Acer?
Need one that shows how to pull it apart, or atleast how to get the keyboard
out.

Thanks

Barry Watzman

This is generic, not specific, but keyboard removal usually starts with
a plastic trim strip above or below the keyboard that usually snaps out
(no tools), then the keyboard may come out with no further tools, or
there may be 2 to 4 screws under the trim strip that will be obvious.
Sony also has some models in which a screw from the bottom goes into the
keyboard, but that is not a common design.

Try E-Bay for the service manual, they are often sold on CDs that have
dozens (sometimes hundreds) of service manuals in electronic form (PDF
or sometimes HTML) for $10 to $20.

Hamish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know where to get hold of a service manual for a 3620 series Acer?
> Need one that shows how to pull it apart, or atleast how to get the keyboard
> out.
>
> Thanks

Mikey

Send me an email and I can send you the manual.

"Hamish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,

Anyone know where to get hold of a service manual for a 3620 series Acer?
Need one that shows how to pull it apart, or atleast how to get the keyboard
out.

Thanks

Steve Pearce

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:58:30 +1000, "Hamish"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone know where to get hold of a service manual for a 3620 series Acer?
>Need one that shows how to pull it apart, or atleast how to get the keyboard
>out.

If you close the lid and then look from the back you will see 3 screws
on the hinge cover. Remove these. Open the lid and you should now be
able to remove the this cover. Underneath there are two screws that
hold the keyboard, remove these and the keyboard can be removed.

After that you are on your own...

Hamish

sent.

news:TJCdnZJju_dW34_YnZ2dnUVZ_oKdnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...