Dave freeola

I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an incorrect battery and the system would go into hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.

A Nother

"Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fftel9$2qh4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
> After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an
> incorrect battery and the system would go into
> hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.

Who'd you buy it from? eBay?

Dave freeola

yes a reputable company in china whom I dealt with before without problems
"A Nother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fftel9$2qh4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
>> After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an
>> incorrect battery and the system would go into
>> hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.

> Who'd you buy it from? eBay?

HH

Obviously the wrong battery. Get your money back if possible.

HH

"Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fg1u4s$1gjp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes a reputable company in china whom I dealt with before without problems
> "A Nother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:fftel9$2qh4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
>>> After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an
>>> incorrect battery and the system would go into
>>> hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.

>> Who'd you buy it from? eBay?

Dave freeola

It is the same spec as the original volts, m/amps serial number etc so the
battery is correct. I think maybe the laptop has a fault.
"HH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Obviously the wrong battery. Get your money back if possible.
>
> HH
>

> "Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fg1u4s$1gjp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> yes a reputable company in china whom I dealt with before without
>> problems
>> "A Nother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> "Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:fftel9$2qh4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Who'd you buy it from? eBay?

A Nother

"Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fg20p9$1ldc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is the same spec as the original volts, m/amps serial number etc so
> the battery is correct. I think maybe the laptop has a fault.

You need to find a known good battery to try to compare it to. Do you know a
friendly repair shop person?

Dave freeola

Thanks to all who helped, I have now found that the charging circuit is shot
so laptop is going skipping
Dave

> "Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fg20p9$1ldc$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It is the same spec as the original volts, m/amps serial number etc so
>> the battery is correct. I think maybe the laptop has a fault.

> You need to find a known good battery to try to compare it to. Do you know
> a friendly repair shop person?

A Nother

"Dave freeola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fiuomk$dhf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to all who helped, I have now found that the charging circuit is
> shot so laptop is going skipping

At least put it up on Craig's List or Freecycle so it doesn't add to the
waste stream! Or on eBay with a fault description.