Acer computer - Mini tower. How upgradable are they.

Don Malone

I just acquired an Acer Aspire E380 as a combo. Nice 19" wide screen
LCD hich now belongs to my wife.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=product&produ
ctCategoryId=pcmcat112200050017&id=1171671628685

Link shows the model purchased.

It has a small power supply (250 watt) which is supposed to take an
after marker unit just fine, and needs a graphics card to get the most
out of it. I am still trying to figure out which motherboard it has and
its upgrade potential.

My question is, does anyone here have any experiences with upgrading an
Acer unit and does it use proprietary parts like a dell does?

Thanks for your time.
Don

The Henchman

> My question is, does anyone here have any experiences with upgrading an
> Acer unit and does it use proprietary parts like a dell does?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Don

Why do you ask?

Don Malone

The Henchman wrote:

> > My question is, does anyone here have any experiences with
> > upgrading an Acer unit and does it use proprietary parts like a
> > dell does?
> >
> > Thanks for your time.
> > Don

> Why do you ask?

The comp is new. I just wonder is it only as good as it is now or is it
effective to upgrade (to a point) the unit. I really should have built
one but the combo was to good to pass up. At one time Dell's used parts
that were (supposedly) replaceable only with Dell parts. Items like
power supplies, mother boards and what not.

I guess it really does not mater except for I now have to upgrade the
power supply; to add a PCIx graphics card as it only came with a 250W
power supply. I was told the power supply was a standard size and
started to wonder about the other upgrade items, like the mother board.

I am also still trying to find out the maximum chip that the mother
board will handle. Unfortunantly; I have had little luck identifying
the MB.

So guess I'm just curious. It won't really change anything either way.

Don

USB 2.0 on some Dragon Lites upgradable? DrB Soyo 2 08-01-2005 09:39 PM
A7V upgradable USB Chong Asus 2 05-31-2004 05:58 AM
Dimension 4600 - how upgradable is the FS Bus Speed? Peter Werner Dell 12 11-11-2003 04:48 PM
Are pavilion laptops upgradable? Knack HP 1 09-26-2003 05:53 AM
is pavilion zd7000 upgradable? Sitti HP 0 08-22-2003 12:20 AM