acer laptop 3050

christineHill

I have a acer laptop 3050 and tried to us a hp power cord the lapto
will power on but the battery want charge
I DON,T THINK I,m getting enough power. It will come on with the powe
cord but that,s as for as will go, once i pull out the power cord i
will cut off. Should i get the correct power cord and charger to see i
it will charge the battery and get more power to boot up, the screen i
black

_______________________________________

[image: http://www.snshi.com/pic/cheku/xilie...2060001593.jpg
'buy acer laoptop battery
(http://www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com/acer_c76) 'buy asus laopto
battery' (http://www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com/asus_c179
ca430097ca12050

--
christineHill

frank

Did the battery need recharging more often.If so I would say the battery is
shot.Does the power transformer have the same ratings ?E.G 230v....500ma ?

frank

Thats okay, only too willing to help.

micky

On Sat, 12 May 2012 18:21:46 +0100, christineHill
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a acer laptop 3050 and tried to us a hp power cord the laptop
>will power on but the battery want charge?
>I DON,T THINK I,m getting enough power. It will come on with the power
>cord but that,s as for as will go, once i pull out the power cord it
>will cut off. Should i get the correct power cord and charger to see if
>it will charge the battery and get more power to boot up, the screen is
>black.
>
>[image: http://www.snshi.com/pic/cheku/xilie...060001593.jpg]
>'buy acer laoptop battery'
>(http://www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com/acer_c76) 'buy asus laoptop
>battery' (http://www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com/asus_c179)
>ca430097ca120507

I know no one will read this, but better than guessing, better than
imainging what might be right or wrong, you should test and find out
for sure what is going on. You should find out what voltage the
charger should be, and you should read the spec on the hp charger to
see if it is as many volts as is needed, and not tooo much bigger.

You should also verify that the HP charger is working by using a
voltmeter to measure the output voltage. Since you can't easily
measure the voltage when the cord is plugged into the computer, you
have to measure it when it's not connected, and with no load, the
voltage should be hire than what is needed.

On the ACER D250 and many other Acers, the voltage shoudl be about
19V.

Junior Member

I would say the battery is shot.Does the power transformer.