Acer Travel Mate 530 rebooting problem

Junior Member

Hello there,

I was wondering if some one could help me with this.

I have an Acer Travelmate 530 with Windows XP.

From last few days my system keeps rebooting everytime i switch it on. As a result i have to run system restore programme everytime.

secondly, whenever i open any folder on my laptop, another (Application Data) folder with the same name is being created under that particular folder. All such folders are of 45 kb size and directs me to 'My Documents' whenver i click on any of them.

to understand the second problem, i kept the task manager running while clicking on the application data folder. when i clicked the folder, a process appeared in the task manager with a name smss.exe and then dissapeared.

However i still have not been able to understand the problem.

Junior Member
Location: Germany

Hello preetshah,

be sure your computer is not infected with virus, adware, malware, etc. Try to reinstall windows. If this brings you nowhere, make a new installation on the same disk, so you will have 2 Windows installed. Boot to new installed system to see if this happens again. If yes (no virus, etc.), it may be an hardware problem.

PS. I own an Acer Travelmate 535LCi and it works ok!

(E-Mail Removed)