Acer Vista Wirelesss problem solved

A Nother

Couldn't get my new Acer Aspire 3680 to connect to my slightly older
Gigafast router/WAP WF719-CAPR

(actually a CC&C WA-2204A router - it is registered at the FCC under this
name - but AKA Gigafast WF719-CAPR, AKA Blanc Wireless G router BW54R11, AKA
MSI RG54SE , AKA Bluecomm WA-2204A, AKA Zonet ZSR1114WE).

It turned out to be a Vista problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233/en-us

has the solution, which involves adding one value to the Windows registry .
My laptop is now connected wirelessly.

1.Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit
in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type
your password, or click Continue.

2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the
network adapter that is connected to the network.

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.

4.In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then
press ENTER.

5.Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

7.Close Registry Editor.

aadamzad

A Nother;888789 Wrote:
> Couldn't get my new Acer Aspire 3680 to connect to my slightly older
> Gigafast router/WAP WF719-CAPR
>
> (actually a CC&C WA-2204A router - it is registered at the FCC unde
> this
> name - but AKA Gigafast WF719-CAPR, AKA Blanc Wireless G route
> BW54R11, AKA
> MSI RG54SE , AKA Bluecomm WA-2204A, AKA Zonet ZSR1114WE).
>
> It turned out to be a Vista problem.

> has the solution, which involves adding one value to the Window
> registry .
> My laptop is now connected wirelessly.
>

> it didnt worked for me anyother help ?
>
> 1.Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then clic
> regedit
> in the Programs list.
>
> If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation
> type
> your password, or click Continue.
>
> 2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
> In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to th
>
> network adapter that is connected to the network.
>
> 3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
>
> 4.In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and the
>
> press ENTER.
>
> 5.Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.
>
> 6.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
>
> 7.Close Registry Editor.

it didnt worked for m

--
aadamzad