Activating Windows XP on Tablet PC - Doesn't Stay after Reboot

James

I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say yes
and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I have
to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a clue
about how to fix this please let me know...

Mark Woodief

are you saying you have windows xp on the tablet instead of Windows XP
Tablet PC Edition?

Mark Woodlief
Leszynski Group
www.leszynski.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
> start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say
> yes
> and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
> activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I
> have
> to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a clue
> about how to fix this please let me know...

Chris H.

Windows XP Pro is the base operating system on all Tablet PCs, Mark, with
the "superset" of the Tablet PC Edition running on top. This is similar to
the Media Center Edition computers, which run a different superset for their
functionality when the proper hardware is present.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Mark Woodief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> are you saying you have windows xp on the tablet instead of Windows XP
> Tablet PC Edition?
>
> Mark Woodlief
> Leszynski Group
> www.leszynski.com
>

> "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
>> start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say
>> yes
>> and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
>> activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I
>> have
>> to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a
>> clue
>> about how to fix this please let me know...

Chris H.

The simple way, James, I believe is next time you see that screen, call the
voice telephone number and do it through there. When you get to the live
operator, explain what is going on and let them guide you.