Adapter plug for Averatec 6200 series

olliejk

My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
(i.e. S3, S4 etc).

Averatec will not tell me (which is kind of evil actually) and all the
Universal adapters in the stores are blister packed and I cannot test
it out to find out. Averatec is enough of an off brand the boxes on the
packs do not list it. Frankly I'm kind of annoyed at the whole thing. I
understand that Averatec wants to force me to buy a new one from them
(even though there is nothing proprietary about a very standard AC
adapter). Also, I understand that if you count up all the pennies, the
people who make the universal adapters don't make enough extra profit
being helpful to make it worth their while helping me figure out if
they're product will work for me (i.e. buy it or go away). It still
stinks that I cannot just walk into one of a dozen electronics stores
around here with my laptop and broken adapter and say "Sell an adapter
for this".

--- Ollie

olliejk

olliejk wrote:
> My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
> (i.e. S3, S4 etc).

Whoops typo!. It's a 6240! I don't think there even is a 6220

olliejk

olliejk wrote:
> olliejk wrote:
> > My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
> > (i.e. S3, S4 etc).
> >

> Whoops typo!. It's a 6240! I don't think there even is a 6220

If anyone is watching this to see, it's an S3. iGo's website is very
helpful in this regard. There is far more info there then on the box of
any one product.