Add external SATA drive to SATA RAID 1

Junior Member

I have an Intel D945PVS mb. Win XP Pro running RAID1 with SATA drives. No problem. Have an external 1TB drive via USB no problem. Decided to change the external to SATA. When I powered up I had an indication there was a problem with the RAID configuration and it was taking forever to boot. I stopped the process and removed the external SATA connection. Getting back to normal now. My question is why can't I add an external SATA drive to my RAID 1 system?

Junior Member

Must have been a one time occurance. The external SATA drive is working fine now.