Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
From: (E-Mail Removed)
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:00:36 -0700
Subject: Computer has stopped and I need some advice on fixing it.
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this
author
I did something quite silly earlier this evening. I have an Abit KV8
Pro Motherboard and I thought that I would swap out my video card due
to some other problems. Well, I failed to check to be sure that it
was compatible with a 64 bit ready motherboard. When I turned it on
with the new video card, computer wouldn't boot up. I switched back
to the old card and computer wouldn't turn on at all. The lights on
the mother board turn on, but the computer takes a while to even try
to boot up and then it doesn't go through its normal processes to get
ready for use.

I went to the Abit web site and it seems like they are saying clear
the ccmos and try it again. I will give this a go, but will wait
until the morning or tomorrow evening after work. Is this the right
track or should I be thinking about something else. I almost always
manage to get my computer locked up somehow.

I could use the help so my wife can stop laughing at my tendency to
wreck a perfectly, almost working correctly computer. Any help or
suggestions will be appreciated.

Ernie Scofield

On Jul 2, 12:22 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My Post Code is 25 which means the computer has stopped at: Enumerate
> PCI bus Number; Assign memory an I/O resource; & Search for a valid
> VAG device and VGA BIOS, and put it ino C000:0.
>
> Thanks again. The message below was my original post.
>
> (E-Mail Removed) View profile
> More options 2 Jul, 00:00
>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:00:36 -0700
> Subject: Computer has stopped and I need some advice on fixing it.
> Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
> original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this
> author
> I did something quite silly earlier this evening. I have an Abit KV8
> Pro Motherboard and I thought that I would swap out my video card due
> to some other problems. Well, I failed to check to be sure that it
> was compatible with a 64 bit ready motherboard. When I turned it on
> with the new video card, computer wouldn't boot up. I switched back
> to the old card and computer wouldn't turn on at all. The lights on
> the mother board turn on, but the computer takes a while to even try
> to boot up and then it doesn't go through its normal processes to get
> ready for use.
>
> I went to the Abit web site and it seems like they are saying clear
> the ccmos and try it again. I will give this a go, but will wait
> until the morning or tomorrow evening after work. Is this the right
> track or should I be thinking about something else. I almost always
> manage to get my computer locked up somehow.
>
> I could use the help so my wife can stop laughing at my tendency to
> wreck a perfectly, almost working correctly computer. Any help or
> suggestions will be appreciated.

Their advice is exactly what I would do.