Advice on Asrock m/b

Stuart Rogers

Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I am planning on getting an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA m/b with a Core 2 Duo E6400
and I am wondering if it will work with standard DDR memory at the 333
speed rather than 400? Obviously I know I wont get max performance, but
will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
do this part of the upgrade later!

Stuart

Paul

Stuart Rogers wrote:
> Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.
>
> I am planning on getting an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA m/b with a Core 2 Duo E6400
> and I am wondering if it will work with standard DDR memory at the 333
> speed rather than 400? Obviously I know I wont get max performance, but
> will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
> do this part of the upgrade later!
>
> Stuart

The chipset on the board support DDR266, DDR333, DDR400.
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/ch..._p4-series.jsp

If you download the manual, the memory can be set to [Auto], but
also has manual options for the three above mentioned rates.
The chipset claims to support asynchronous operation, so this
should not be a problem. Just use the DDR333 you've got.

Paul

Fishman >

"Stuart Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns986DD255A2B3stuartbroadstairsorg@130.133.1 .4...
> Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.
>
> I am planning on getting an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA m/b with a Core 2 Duo
> E6400
> and I am wondering if it will work with standard DDR memory at the 333
> speed rather than 400? Obviously I know I wont get max performance, but
> will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
> do this part of the upgrade later!
>
> Stuart

An unusual motherboard having both DDR2 & DDR memory slots.
Should work ok if set to run asynchronously.