Advice/Help with new videocard

srt

Hi,
My 8800 gtx has just crapped out
Just gibberish graphics and I need to replace asp.
Any ideas as to whats a good alternative nvidia?
MB is an Intel D975XBX2 with a core 2 duo 6600.
Is the 925 an option do you think. I have 750 w power.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Stuart.

srt

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Do you mean GTX 295? It's SLI on a single card, which means some games
> that don't scale well in SLI will fall back to GTX 260 levels of
> performance.
>
> At this stage you are much better off getting an AMD HD 5870. A single-GPU
> HD 5870 is as fast as the dual-GPU GTX 295 and won't have SLI scaling
> issues. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3679&p=8
>
> Are you in Germany? According to Google.de, GTX 295 runs for about ?380,
> while HD 5870 runs for about ?350.
>
> --
>

> "srt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> My 8800 gtx has just crapped out
>> Just gibberish graphics and I need to replace asp.
>> Any ideas as to whats a good alternative nvidia?
>> MB is an Intel D975XBX2 with a core 2 duo 6600.
>> Is the 925 an option do you think. I have 750 w power.
>> Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>> Stuart.

Hi,
No not Germany although my newsgroup provision is
I did mean the GTX 295 - - sorry for wrong info in op.
I have since made a decision to go for a GTX 285 as I needed something a
bit less open to problems you described.
Its a good bit cheaper too and I should get it by Tuesday
I've stuck with nvidia though as I quite like them - - - even if the 880 gtx
did not last as long as hoped
Thanks for your reply.
Stuart.

Is new msi pcie videocard are built differently from agp card "with the steel plate that posses 3 exit" DDC ATI 0 01-13-2006 09:30 AM
new videocard power question... DDC Asus 2 07-22-2005 08:15 PM
Advice for buying new videocard. René ATI 8 10-13-2004 12:04 PM
New videocard Ken Matrox 6 07-01-2004 09:38 AM
New videocard Graphite ATI 3 07-18-2003 06:38 PM