Advice on using CAD graphics cards for Games (ATI Mobility Fire GL T2)

Dave Griffin

I may buy a new laptop, and this laptop has an ATI Mobility Fire GL T2
graphics card built for CAD use. I would buy it mostly for work, but
I'd like to play the occasional game as well. It has 128MB of video
memory. Would such a card work *reasonably* well for a game like
Microsoft Flight Simulator or other popular games like Unreal
Tournament? Thanks.

secret squirrel

"Dave Griffin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I may buy a new laptop, and this laptop has an ATI Mobility Fire GL T2
> graphics card built for CAD use. I would buy it mostly for work, but
> I'd like to play the occasional game as well. It has 128MB of video
> memory. Would such a card work *reasonably* well for a game like
> Microsoft Flight Simulator or other popular games like Unreal
> Tournament? Thanks.

I read in PCW (UK) that this card was identical to a Radeon 9600, but the
drivers were optimised for stability, and not performance. So I guess you
could use it for games, at least without maxed details etc.

Be interesting to see if the Omega drivers would work with this card.

**SS**