Aeroflow P4 Vibration

Tony Ramsden

The TMD fan on my Aeroflow vibrates alot especially at low rpm , and
causes an awful drone all over the house, I can reduce this by
overriding the fan controller ( MSI Core Centre ) and setting it
manually at 5000 rpm, but this is not a long term fix.. So I've
deceided to change the fan, for a larger one and adapt it fit the HS
with a set down adaptor, but here lies my problem. Browins over the
web I can only find 60 mm to 80 mm adaptors, The original fan is 70
mm.

Does anyone have a source for 70mm to 80mm or 90mm adaptors in the UK.

Many thanks.

Perhaps the original fan is out of balance and I should replace this
with another ... any ideas.

Tony

Happy Hippo

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:34:16 +0100, Tony Ramsden
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The TMD fan on my Aeroflow vibrates alot especially at low rpm , and
>causes an awful drone all over the house, I can reduce this by
>overriding the fan controller ( MSI Core Centre ) and setting it
>manually at 5000 rpm, but this is not a long term fix.. So I've
>deceided to change the fan, for a larger one and adapt it fit the HS
>with a set down adaptor, but here lies my problem. Browins over the
>web I can only find 60 mm to 80 mm adaptors, The original fan is 70
>mm.
>
>Does anyone have a source for 70mm to 80mm or 90mm adaptors in the UK.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Perhaps the original fan is out of balance and I should replace this
>with another ... any ideas.
>
>Tony

I heard that if you have two (temperature) controller in series, you
will get problems like the ones you describe. Not sure if it applies
here, but I know that there are fans with a built in temp controller
which measures the temperature of the intake air. (I'm referring to
the intel boxed cooler for example)

Also it might just be that your chosen fan and the temperature
controller don't match because of different reasons. Anyway it seems
that the current which your fan gets is fluctuating which might cause
howling sounds.

If you want, have a look in your Mobo manual, and see what happens if
you disable the temperature control for the CPU fan and what will be
the downside of this.
I think this will result in the mobo running the fan at max all the
time, and if it where a silent one this would not have to bother you.
If you can regulate the fan speed manually, this might be what you
want.

To check if its really the fan that is broken, I would connect my
variable current power supply I have for electronics purposes to the
fan and see what it does at low rpm. Like this I would be able to
check if the noise is an aftereffect of the temperature controller.
Maybe you have something like this too.

If you want a more silent cooling solution, try a zalman cooler (for
example), the cnps7000a-cu for instance. There is also a al/cu version
that is only 450 g heavy.

HH

Vibration Tolerance theresa.brownfield@gmail.com HP 6 03-18-2006 03:04 AM
Vibration isolated PC enclosure? DD Embedded 2 02-09-2005 04:38 PM
ATI 9200 screen "vibration" Dave ATI 6 04-22-2004 08:55 PM
BGA packages in high vibration environments Geoffrey Mortimer Embedded 14 11-11-2003 07:32 PM
Aeroflow TMD vibration Tony Ramsden Overclocking 4 10-09-2003 04:30 PM