Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Where are the AGP cards?

 
 
AGP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I have an old machine with an AGP slot and wanted to upgrade the video card
to a newer video card. I know that AGP is dead but this machine works great
except that it chugs at some of the newer games. What is the best card for
the money that is still available that will give me some decent framerates.
Im not looking for spectacular perforamance just soemthing that will do a
decent job.

Thanks
AGP


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Augustus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 01:23 AM

"AGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QAYWl.18579$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an old machine with an AGP slot and wanted to upgrade the video card
>to a newer video card. I know that AGP is dead but this machine works great
>except that it chugs at some of the newer games. What is the best card for
>the money that is still available that will give me some decent framerates.
>Im not looking for spectacular perforamance just soemthing that will do a
>decent job.
>
> Thanks
> AGP
>


HD3850 512Mb AGP is the last and best......


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 05:02 AM
>
> HD3850 512Mb AGP is the last and best......
>


There is HD4650 AGP as well....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.4
^ ^ 13:01:01 up 18 days 1:04 1 user load average: 1.20 1.13 1.09
???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ????? (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa
 
Reply With Quote
 
Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 05:45 AM
>> There is HD4650 AGP as well....
>
> I think you will find its PCI-E
>


I am serious! At least it's in Hong Kong

http://global.hkepc.com/forum/redire...9&goto=newpost

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.4
^ ^ 13:44:01 up 18 days 1:47 1 user load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa
 
Reply With Quote
 
Fred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 11:35 AM

"Rene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4a2cd80f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B) schreef:
>>>> There is HD4650 AGP as well....
>>>
>>> I think you will find its PCI-E

>>
>> I am serious! At least it's in Hong Kong
>>
>> http://global.hkepc.com/forum/redire...9&goto=newpost

>
> Well, the charactersequences "4650" and "AGP platform" are there, but for
> the rest, to be honest, it is like Chinese to me ;-).


It's a reference to the Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=3088


 
Reply With Quote
 
Augustus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 02:06 PM

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Rene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4a2cd80f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B) schreef:
>>>>> There is HD4650 AGP as well....
>>>>
>>>> I think you will find its PCI-E
>>>
>>> I am serious! At least it's in Hong Kong
>>>
>>> http://global.hkepc.com/forum/redire...9&goto=newpost

>>
>> Well, the charactersequences "4650" and "AGP platform" are there, but for
>> the rest, to be honest, it is like Chinese to me ;-).

>
> It's a reference to the Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=3088


The 1Gig HD4650 AGP card available on Newegg has DDR2 at 800Mhz (800
Effective). The Sapphire HD3850 512Mb AGP card all has DDR3 at 1692Mhz. The
HD3850 will kick it's but around the block big time.


 
Reply With Quote
 
AGP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Ill check into them.

agp

"Tom E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "AGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:QAYWl.18579$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an old machine with an AGP slot and wanted to upgrade the video
>>card to a newer video card. I know that AGP is dead but this machine works
>>great except that it chugs at some of the newer games. What is the best
>>card for the money that is still available that will give me some decent
>>framerates. Im not looking for spectacular perforamance just soemthing
>>that will do a decent job.
>>
>> Thanks
>> AGP
>>
>>
>>

>
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?NOV-38505A
>
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?SAP-38505A
>
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?SAP-36505A
>
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?NOV-36505A
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is a 2x/4x AGP v.2.0 slot compatible with the AGP 4x/8x slot? In other words, are 2x/4x AGP compatioble with 4x/8x AGP Video Cards? NIV Consulting Tyan 1 06-06-2007 11:04 AM
Whats the diff between "agp 8x" & "agp 8x pro"? David. E. Goble Abit 12 10-31-2003 10:50 AM
Can enabling AGP Fast Write on a AGP card which does not support this feature damaged the AGP card ? Andy Smith Nvidia 7 10-10-2003 11:05 PM
Can enabling AGP Fast Write on a AGP card which does not support this feature damaged the AGP card ? Andy Smith Nvidia 0 10-10-2003 07:42 PM
AGP question agp pro or agp 8x jhgd Nvidia 7 07-05-2003 10:39 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment