ART

Sounds strange , my MB is AGP 4X , my video card an FX5800 with 52.16 , and
in my display Control panel / FX 5800 / AGP Settings , the AGP rate is 1X ,
impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .
Any idea ?

BK24

Have you changed it in the Bios?

ART

Absolutely not .
The computer runs fine , I mean didn't notice any change .

"BK24" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you changed it in the Bios?

???

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:32:57 -0000, "ART" <art@àart.com> wrote:

>Sounds strange , my MB is AGP 4X , my video card an FX5800 with 52.16 , and
>in my display Control panel / FX 5800 / AGP Settings , the AGP rate is 1X ,
>impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .
>Any idea ?

Are you using DirectX 9.0b? seems older ones don't know about 4x or
higher.

Lenny

,
> impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .

You don't say what motherboard chipset you have or the operating system. If
your OS can't recognise the chipset in your system you won't get full AGP
functionality. You may have to go to the website of your mobo's manufacturer
and download a setup utility to remedy this.

ART

Yes DX 9.0b . I used RivaTurner for diagnostic and it shows AGP x4 ,
sideband address. and fastwrites on .
I thnik it should OK .
Thanks all
"???" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:32:57 -0000, "ART" <art@àart.com> wrote:
>
> >Sounds strange , my MB is AGP 4X , my video card an FX5800 with 52.16 ,

and
> >in my display Control panel / FX 5800 / AGP Settings , the AGP rate is 1X

,
> >impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .
> >Any idea ?
> >

> Are you using DirectX 9.0b? seems older ones don't know about 4x or
> higher.

Helion

The 52.70 drivers at www.guru3d.com solve this problem. The driver may show
AGP 1X with the 52.16's as this was a bug, but your card is running at AGP
4X.

news:3fb97898$0$2780$(E-Mail Removed)...