AI7 PWM heatsinking experiment

RMC

Hello All

I have managed to drop the PWM temperature (as reported by MBM5) on my AI7.

The motherboard was running with the CPU at 49 deg C and the PWM was at
63-65 deg C which I decided was too hot. I decided to identify the MOSFETs
associated with the PWM circuit (thanks to people in this NG for the info)
and then I got some self-adhesive thermal interface material.

I made some heatsinks out of self-adhesive cable clips (thin aluminium
sheet) , bent them to shape and fitted them using the TIM by cutting up
small squares of the TIM.

The result is that the PWM temperature now sits at 58 deg C - an improvement
of at least 5 deg C.

The heatsink interface material that I bought is:

http://www.warth.co.uk/site2003/blue.../KA150-2AC.htm

The cable clips that I used to fashion the heastinks out of were like this:

http://img-europe.electrocomponents....C543923-01.jpg

So that means my PC, running a Prescott 3 GHz @ 3.3GHzwith two instances of
S@h, reads the following temperatures:

CPU = 49 deg C
PWM = 58 deg C
case = 27 deg C
room temp= 24 deg C

cooling courtesy of an Asetek L120 watercooling kit, one 80 mm inlet fan and
one 80mm outlet fan plus the PSU fans.

Cheers for everyone's help

RMC, England

--
http://rs4.anti-leech.com/spam/spambot_stopper.php

HAL9000

RMC,

I was looking at your web page. Would you know of a program, or of
any list, that would allow one to build false email addresses that
look valid?

Also, that looks like a good PWM heat sink you've come up with...

Thanks,
Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

< snip >

--
http://rs4.anti-leech.com/spam/spambot_stopper.php

RMC

Forrest

>Would you know of a program, or of any list, that would allow one to build
>false email addresses that
> look valid?

I don't know of any program - I imagine that http://www.anti-leech.com/
might have something that may suit you but it's only a guess.

Cheers

RMC, England

HAL9000

Ok, thanks...

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:00:15 +0100, "RMC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Forrest
>
>>Would you know of a program, or of any list, that would allow one to build
>>false email addresses that
>> look valid?

>I don't know of any program - I imagine that http://www.anti-leech.com/
>might have something that may suit you but it's only a guess.
>
>Cheers
>
>RMC, England

Don't Bin it - experiment!!! MG Laptops 1 06-23-2005 07:28 PM
want to experiment, have micromint rtc-52 board clutch@lycos.com Embedded 1 02-08-2005 03:17 AM
AI7 "PWM" cooling RMC Abit 7 10-16-2004 02:01 AM
AI7, PWM and other dumbass questions Jootec from Mars Overclocking 1 04-17-2004 05:41 PM