AK38n Won't boot... no beeps

Tyler Penn

I've put together a computer out of some old parts I had... Here's the
setup

Shuttle Ak38n motherboard
two sticks of DDR RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2400
ATI Radeon 9250SE Video Card
Western Digital 30GB HD
CD-Rom Drive
300W Power Supply

So I put it all together turned it on and nothing. No beep, and the hard
drive does not spin up. I even try to eject the CD drive tray and nothing.
It seems as if the HD and CD Drive are getting no power. I swapped the
power connectors and the mobo still gets power and the drives still do
nothing.
Also, I tried taking the RAM out to try to get any response and still no
beeps.
I know the processor is still good because I put it back into my current PC
and it works fine... Any ideas!? I'm thinking it's a bad motherboard or
power supply.
Thanks in advance!

-Tyler Penn

dave AKA vwdoc1

Are you sure you wired it up correctly?
When I first tried booting mine, I got nothing.
I had not put the wires up correctly to it. I think the motherboard needed
another connection that I did not know about.
So check ALL the power leads to the MB.
later,
dave
(One out of many daves)