AK77-8XN & AGP X8

Paul

Hi all

The AK77-8XN supports 8X AGP

My GForce4 is 8X compatible.

The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is their a
fix.

Thanks

Paul

dpos

> The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
> their a fix.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.

dpos

Paul

"dpos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
> > their a fix.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Paul

> This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
> long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
>
> dpos

Thanks for the reply

The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it to
X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at X4, if
it is X4 how do I change it.

Thanks

Michael J. Apollyon

Paul wrote:
> "dpos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>>The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
>>>their a fix.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Paul

>>This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
>>long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
>>
>>dpos

> Thanks for the reply
>
> The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it to
> X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at X4, if
> it is X4 how do I change it.
>
> Thanks

Hi Paul,

You probably know this, but many GeForce4 cards do not support AGP 8X.
Only the later "stop gap" NV28-based Ti4200-8X, Ti4800SE and Ti4800
cards do; the rest are 4X.

Paul

"Michael J. Apollyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jpTSb.5481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul wrote:
> > "dpos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card

as
> >>long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
> >>
> >>dpos

> > Thanks for the reply
> >
> > The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it

> > X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at

X4, if
> > it is X4 how do I change it.
> >
> > Thanks

> Hi Paul,
>
> You probably know this, but many GeForce4 cards do not support AGP 8X.
> Only the later "stop gap" NV28-based Ti4200-8X, Ti4800SE and Ti4800
> cards do; the rest are 4X.

Hi

This is the link to my card

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4mx.html

It clearly states X8, am I reading this wrong.

Paul