Alarm sounding when playing Diablo 2

Terry

I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.

What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

Thanks

One other thing, when playing Diablo the screen will sometimes change
to a acid trip view (without causing alarm). I can switch to 640x480
and then back to 800 and it clears up.

Eric Parker

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
> When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
> Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.
>
> What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?
>
> Thanks
>
> One other thing, when playing Diablo the screen will sometimes change
> to a acid trip view (without causing alarm). I can switch to 640x480
> and then back to 800 and it clears up.

Sounds like overheating to me.
Can you record temperatures (Speedfan or MotherBoardMonitor) ?
Have you tried just running Prime95 Torture Test for an hour to see if
that causes it too ?

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Vanguard

"Terry" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
> When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
> Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.
>
> What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
game.

Terry

On Jul 18, 1:32 am, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Terry" wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
> > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
> > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.

> > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

> Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
> settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
> function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
> game.

I will give that a try. Thanks all.

SumGuy

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Jul 18, 1:32 am, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Terry" wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>
>> >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
>> > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
>> > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.

>> > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

>> Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
>> settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
>> function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
>> game.

> I will give that a try. Thanks all.

Check the BIOS. Does that board have monitoring in the BIOS that is turned
on?

My sisters had a similar problem which turned out to be her CPU just
reaching the temp limit in the BIOS. I couldn't do much at the time so I
adjusted the alarm setting by a few degrees and all was well.

Of couse your alarm could be due to voltages etc.

AI7 sounding alarm :-: Ghost Chip :-: Abit 0 01-31-2006 02:48 AM
fx5200 agp - flickering display when playing Diablo 2 Kiwi Nvidia 5 03-09-2005 08:18 PM
Diablo II Demo? Error Message Sean R. Kerns Nvidia 4 09-26-2003 08:33 AM
alarm sounding mainboard Tom Chaintech 0 08-01-2003 09:23 PM
Diablo II on my laptop Hans Kamp Laptops 10 07-15-2003 05:41 PM