Almost every Game Crash with Geforce GTX 260...

Rudolf Kemnitz

HI...

The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue Screen.
Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
But an check of all my Hadware change nothing, my Hardware look fine...

Even if I "torment" my Grafikcard for longer than an hour with an Nvidia
Benchmark in 1920x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF I got no probs...
A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp, and
also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut fine...

Also an change of the Grafikcard dont change the prob... and also an change
of an older driver how has work in the past well dont change anything...
even an change of the systehm, from window Vista, to windows 7 and also an
"Format C: " dont help...

has anyone an Idea? or an solution? Ihave no Idea what else I can make...

By the way, the probs I got since the beginning in March, there I was
installing an new "Beta Driver"... since this time I got this probs... even
as I delet the driver and even past an "Format C:" I have this problem...

Bye, DUDI

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/userpages/j/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)

Augustus

"Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h2cgsr$2ci$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> HI...
>
> The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue
> Screen.
> Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
> But an check of all my Hadware change nothing, my Hardware look fine...
>
> Even if I "torment" my Grafikcard for longer than an hour with an Nvidia
> Benchmark in 1920x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF I got no probs...
> A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp,
> and also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
> the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut fine...
>
> Also an change of the Grafikcard dont change the prob... and also an
> change of an older driver how has work in the past well dont change
> anything... even an change of the systehm, from window Vista, to windows 7
> and also an "Format C: " dont help...
>
> has anyone an Idea? or an solution? Ihave no Idea what else I can make...
>
> By the way, the probs I got since the beginning in March, there I was
> installing an new "Beta Driver"... since this time I got this probs...
> even as I delet the driver and even past an "Format C:" I have this
> problem...
>
> Bye, DUDI

You need to post the system specs details and the BSOD error details for any
meaningful advice. Mainboard? CPU? Powersupply? RAID array? Is the system
overclocked? Did this start happening the instant you switched cards or
just after a beta gfx driver install? The fact it showed up after a Beta
driver install may be signifigant.....but uninstalling the driver, or
rolling back the driver and having the same issues after a clean reinstall
would tend to make me think that's post hoc reasoning.
I will give you my opinion that if the system will boot normally, load
Windows normally, and run a one hour 3D stress test bench without crashing
or rebooting then it's probably not the p/s or the card. You say a complete
clean install after a format still generates random BSOD....I eventually
traced a similar condition to a flaky HDD controller on one of my Raptors on
the RAID array. The Intel RAID controller found issues on a data integrity
check and I eventually caught it. I suspected the mainboard RAID controller
from the BSOD error report. Random component replacement is not the way to
go. From the sound of it, you've already spent days on things that may have
been unnecessary.....

Phil Weldon

'Rudolf Kemnitz' wrote, in part:
> HI...
>
> The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue
> Screen.
> Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
> But an check of all my Hadware change nothing, my Hardware look fine...

..
..
_____

Which games?
What CPU?
What Operating System?
What motherboard/chipset?
What voltage/temperature/fan speed reporting applet are you using?
What power supply brand, model, price, quality are you using?

I haven't used an nVidia display adapter benchmark for two years, but back
then nVidia nTune benchmark supplied for checking adapter overclocking was
useless. The benchmark checked all the functions for proper operation, but
did not require the GPU to use enough power to check for overheating
effects. Thus it may be that your nVidia benchmark is not causing as much
heat production as the game(s).

I suggest the following test (mainly because it is very easy to do)

Disable the case fans (and/or raise the room ambient temperature). Run
the games that cause the BSOD and check if the crash happens in a shorter
time (components will overheat more quickly.) If the BSODs occur in a
shorter time, then heat is almost certainly the problem. Most likely the
critical overheat will be in the display adapter. The least likely critical
overheat would be the power supply.

It will also help you get more and better diagnostic suggestions if you
supply more detailed information, including -

room ambient temperature (I mention this because participants in this
Usenet newsgroup live in widely varying climates, i.e. in Atlanta, Georgia
USA where I live, this week has daily highs near 91 F ~ 33 C and daily lows
near 66 F `~ 19C; very different from your climate, I would guess)

CPU temperature

GPU temperature

motherboard temperature (your parameter reporting applet may label this
'case temperature', but that sensor is actually mounted on the motherboard).

Phil Weldon

"Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h2cgsr$2ci$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> HI...
>
> The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue
> Screen.
> Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
> But an check of all my Hadware change nothing, my Hardware look fine...
>
> Even if I "torment" my Grafikcard for longer than an hour with an Nvidia
> Benchmark in 1920x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF I got no probs...
> A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp,
> and also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
> the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut fine...
>
> Also an change of the Grafikcard dont change the prob... and also an
> change of an older driver how has work in the past well dont change
> anything... even an change of the systehm, from window Vista, to windows 7
> and also an "Format C: " dont help...
>
> has anyone an Idea? or an solution? Ihave no Idea what else I can make...
>
> By the way, the probs I got since the beginning in March, there I was
> installing an new "Beta Driver"... since this time I got this probs...
> even as I delet the driver and even past an "Format C:" I have this
> problem...
>
> Bye, DUDI
>
> --
> http://www.gamestar.de/community/userpages/j/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
> http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
> http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

Rudolf Kemnitz

"Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:jZw2m.2237$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

>> Benchmark in 1920x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF I got no probs...
>> A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp,
>> and also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
>> the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut
>> fine...
>>
>> Also an change of the Grafikcard dont change the prob... and also an
>> change of an older driver how has work in the past well dont change
>> anything... even an change of the systehm, from window Vista, to windows
>> 7 and also an "Format C: " dont help...
>>
>> has anyone an Idea? or an solution? Ihave no Idea what else I can make...
>>
>> By the way, the probs I got since the beginning in March, there I was
>> installing an new "Beta Driver"... since this time I got this probs...
>> even as I delet the driver and even past an "Format C:" I have this

The Games:

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, Ghost recon Advance Warfighter 1 & 2, Gears of War,
Crysis, Tomb Raider Underworld... etc...

My PC:

Grafikcard: Nvidia Gefoce GTX 260,
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q 6600 with 4 x 2,4 GHz,
4 GB DDR2 1066 Ram,
Power supply: be quiet! 700w,
Mainbord: Ausu P5Q,
OS: Windows Vista ultimate, 32 Bit on one Harddrive, and 64 Bit on an other
Harddrive,
Harddrive: Samsung 750 GB & Samsung 400 GB, with cach of 32 mb,

here is an link to take an look on my PC:

http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547

I use for contoll the temperature the speedfan version: 4,38.
Normal Desktop use:
GPU: 50,
Sytem (computer Case): 39,
CPU: 39,
HD: 25,

In High Power mode when I run games, or the Test of FurMark, or Nvidia
Benchmarks like: Cascades, Froggy, Medusa, than I got this temperature:
GPU: 88,
Sytem (computer Case): 50,
CPU: 50,
HD: 25,

And the Test of FurMark and the Tests of Nvidia work well even more than 1
hour...
Only when I Play Game I got Game Crash, and also Blue screens...

Bye, DUDI

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/userpages/j/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

Augustus

> In High Power mode when I run games, or the Test of FurMark, or Nvidia
> Benchmarks like: Cascades, Froggy, Medusa, than I got this temperature:
> GPU: 88,
> Sytem (computer Case): 50,
> CPU: 50,
> HD: 25,

Your GPU is hitting 88C during 3D games with Speedfan at max and you think
this an OK temp?? This alone could be the issue.

<A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp, and
also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut fine...>

I use an eVGA GTX 260SSC with the stock cooler and the fan set at a constant
75%. The temp never exceeds 58C in any game or condition. It came with the
fan set at 40% and the drivers never ramped it up. This caused temps close
to 79-80C caused freezeups and crashing to the desktop in some games. which
A GTX 260 that's getting close to 90C is a major issue, period.

You are dual booting x64 and x32 Vista, something you also neglected to
mention. Under which OS do the issues occur?

Rudolf Kemnitz

"Rudolf Kemnitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:h2cgsr$2ci$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> HI...
>
> The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue
> Screen.
> Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
> But an check of all my Hadware change nothing, my Hardware look fine...
>
> Even if I "torment" my Grafikcard for longer than an hour with an Nvidia
> Benchmark in 1920x1200 with 4xAA & 8xAF I got no probs...
> A heat prob is also not the prob, I got an tool, what tell me the temp,
> and also by the Benchmark from Nvidia is the Temp by
> the Grafikcard, by the CPU, and also in the Computer Case, absolut fine...
>
> Also an change of the Grafikcard dont change the prob... and also an
> change of an older driver how has work in the past well dont change
> anything... even an change of the systehm, from window Vista, to windows 7
> and also an "Format C: " dont help...
>
> has anyone an Idea? or an solution? Ihave no Idea what else I can make...
>
> By the way, the probs I got since the beginning in March, there I was
> installing an new "Beta Driver"... since this time I got this probs...
> even as I delet the driver and even past an "Format C:" I have this
> problem...
>
> Bye, DUDI
>
> --
> http://www.gamestar.de/community/userpages/j/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
> http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)
> http://www.sysprofile.de/id82547 (MY PC)

HI...

My main memory was defect...

that was the prob...
so I send it back, the next days I get new memory...

Till that time I have to use my older PC... :-(

thank's for all the help here... :-)

bye, DUDI ;-)