always have to reboot comp to get mouse to work

gnznroses

for some reason whenever i turn on my computer, my mouse doesn't work
ever. yet if i restart the computer it always works the second time th
computer boots. i've tried different mice and i've tried wiggling th
plug, etc. and no matter what, it just never works on first boot an
always works on second... what can cause this?
btw, it's a ps/2 mouse. i don't have a usb mouse to test.
i asked on another forum and was told to re-install the drivers. but
mouse should work without special drivers. in fact this is a ne
computer, and when i turned it on first time to set up windows, m
mouse didn't work. so it's not a drivers problem

--
gnznroses

Joseph2k

gnznroses wrote:

> for some reason whenever i turn on my computer, my mouse doesn't work.
> ever. yet if i restart the computer it always works the second time the
> computer boots. i've tried different mice and i've tried wiggling the
> plug, etc. and no matter what, it just never works on first boot and
> always works on second... what can cause this?
> btw, it's a ps/2 mouse. i don't have a usb mouse to test.
> i asked on another forum and was told to re-install the drivers. but a
> mouse should work without special drivers. in fact this is a new
> computer, and when i turned it on first time to set up windows, my
> mouse didn't work. so it's not a drivers problem.

There is probably a CD for the MOBO install that driver / software kit.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller

gnznroses

Joseph2k Wrote:
> gnznroses wrote:
>

> for some reason whenever i turn on my computer, my mouse doesn'
> work.
> ever. yet if i restart the computer it always works the second tim
> the
> computer boots. i've tried different mice and i've tried wiggling the
> plug, etc. and no matter what, it just never works on first boot and
> always works on second... what can cause this?
> btw, it's a ps/2 mouse. i don't have a usb mouse to test.
> i asked on another forum and was told to re-install the drivers. bu
> mouse should work without special drivers. in fact this is a new
> computer, and when i turned it on first time to set up windows, my
> mouse didn't work. so it's not a drivers problem.
>

> There is probably a CD for the MOBO install that driver / softwar
> kit.
> --
> JosephKK
> Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.
> --Schiller

yeah, i've got a cd for it. i actually did install it tho and it didn'
help. the software and stuff was already installed, but i installed ove
it to make sure what was on the comp already wasn't older than what wa
on the cds it came with

--
gnznroses

Joseph2k

gnznroses wrote:

> Joseph2k Wrote:
>> gnznroses wrote:
>>

>> for some reason whenever i turn on my computer, my mouse doesn't
>> work.
>> ever. yet if i restart the computer it always works the second time
>> the
>> computer boots. i've tried different mice and i've tried wiggling the
>> plug, etc. and no matter what, it just never works on first boot and
>> always works on second... what can cause this?
>> btw, it's a ps/2 mouse. i don't have a usb mouse to test.
>> i asked on another forum and was told to re-install the drivers. but
>> mouse should work without special drivers. in fact this is a new
>> computer, and when i turned it on first time to set up windows, my
>> mouse didn't work. so it's not a drivers problem.
>>

>> There is probably a CD for the MOBO install that driver / software
>> kit.
>> --
>> JosephKK
>> Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.
>> --Schiller

> yeah, i've got a cd for it. i actually did install it tho and it didn't
> help. the software and stuff was already installed, but i installed over
> it to make sure what was on the comp already wasn't older than what was
> on the cds it came with.

OK. for my next suggestion goto the mobo manufacturer website and see if
there is a BIOS update available. sometimes weird problems like this are
solvable with a BIOS update. BTW backup the current BIOS first if you can.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller