AM2 + DDR1 and AGP

Martik

Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?

Thanks

Paul

Martik wrote:
> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
>
> Thanks

AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
of the memory is made by AMD.

For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
harder to find.

This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
video card with this one.

MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX

Paul

Martik

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:enfg4o$4gp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Martik wrote:
>> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
>>
>> Thanks

> AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
> The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
> of the memory is made by AMD.
>
> For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
> motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
> harder to find.
>
> This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
> need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
> video card with this one.
>
> MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX
>
> Paul

Thanks!

The last review on newegg says the X2 3800 is no longer supported with the
latest Bios???

Paul

Martik wrote:
> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:enfg4o$4gp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Martik wrote:
>>> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
>> The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
>> of the memory is made by AMD.
>>
>> For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
>> motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
>> harder to find.
>>
>> This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
>> need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
>> video card with this one.
>>
>> MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130064
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Thanks!
>
> The last review on newegg says the X2 3800 is no longer supported with the
> latest Bios???

I think they both basically lead to the same CPU support page.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...UID=766&kind=1

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...MS-7312&kind=1

I see a 3800+ listed there, with 2x512KB cache. And there is one of those on
Newegg. You can check what versions are available, via the www.amdcompare.com
site.

If you think there is something horribly wrong with the 3800+, you
can always get the 4200+ for another $30.

Paul

bäm

"Martik" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
>
> Thanks

Asrock-Boards maybe

Re: ddr1 memory Paul Overclocking 7 01-08-2009 12:05 AM
AM2+ support on ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe (AM2) Bret Asus 1 04-09-2008 08:42 PM
overclock core2duo with DDR1 memory? No one Overclocking 3 11-23-2006 04:37 AM
How limiting is using DDR1 with core2duo? No one Intel 0 11-22-2006 04:57 PM
P5GDC-V Deluxe with DDR1 hkflyboy Asus 0 10-05-2004 05:38 PM