AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ running too hot??

Lee

Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c which
seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this normal?

cheers.

General Schvantzkoph

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:59:12 +0000, Lee wrote:

> Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
> motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c
> which seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this
> normal?
>
> cheers.

It's normal if you live in hell, it's not normal otherwise. The idle
temperature should be in the 30s, the mid 40s if you have a crappy
heatsink.

Peter van der Goes

"Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NHkil.15667$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
> motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c which
> seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this normal?
>
> cheers.

You need to provide three temperature readings to get targeted help:

Room temperature
CPU temperature (idle and full load)
Case temperature (idle and full load)

In addition, describe your current case fan(s) configuration.

This information is needed to help pinpoint the reason for your too high CPU
temperatures.

ken

Peter van der Goes wrote:

> "Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NHkil.15667$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>
>> Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
>> motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c
>> which seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is
>> this normal?
>>
>> cheers.

> You need to provide three temperature readings to get targeted help:
>
> Room temperature
> CPU temperature (idle and full load)
> Case temperature (idle and full load)
>
> In addition, describe your current case fan(s) configuration.
>
> This information is needed to help pinpoint the reason for your too high
> CPU temperatures.

I had seen in an article that I cannot now find that the x2 series
reported their temps about 21 degrees C higher than actual. I just
replaced an x2 5200 with an x3 720. The temps on "core temp" for my 5200
had been 46-48 C at idle and the temps are 32-35 C at idle for the 720,
all on the same mobo. Thus, I believe the mis reporting of temp on the
x2 series, so don't panic, just cool the hell out of the cpu and case.

ken