amd64 dtp+suttle 85g4v3 , down frequently

Goldmund

Hi,

I bought amd64 dtp(crawhammer 1M L2)+suttle 85g4v3 yesterday.

but this system is so unstable.

graphic card : gforce 6600

ram : corsair 512*2 (pc 3200)

hdd WD200G ide

thanks,

Andrew MacPherson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (Goldmund) wrote:

> but this system is so unstable.

What kind of unstable? Does it always boot ok, but fall over later on, or
when running particular apps? That might point to a heat issue. If it
doesn't boot reliably you'll have to try the usual stuff like trying one
stick of RAM at a time, messing with the BIOS settings, and sacrificing
chickens to the Upgrade Gods.

Andrew McP

Jonathan

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Goldmund) wrote:
>

>>but this system is so unstable.

> What kind of unstable? Does it always boot ok, but fall over later on, or
> when running particular apps? That might point to a heat issue. If it
> doesn't boot reliably you'll have to try the usual stuff like trying one
> stick of RAM at a time, messing with the BIOS settings, and sacrificing
> chickens to the Upgrade Gods.
>
> Andrew McP

I know the original poster didn't give many clues, but it probably is heat.
Although I love my SN85G4v2, I've concluded that heat is a really big
issue for it. It's difficult to keep it running at a reasonable
temperature by the time you put a decent video card in there and a
large, fast SATA disk.
Still, it would be prudent for them to update their BIOS and run the
nVidia System Tool (or other enviro utility) to check out the temps...