AN8-sli error code 5

mark

Any ideas what error code 5 is on this board ?

cheers

mark

mark

"mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas what error code 5 is on this board ?
>
> cheers
>
> mark

also could this be related to using a x2 4200 cpu without bios 2.0 ?

peter

The error codes are written strangly

you need to have a close look and see it it is 5.0 or 50
For 5.0 you need to reset the CMOS....power off...Cmos battery out...5 min
wait...put it back ..power up and enter the BIOS to correct your settings.

For 50...your having USB problems check your settings ,mobo connections

peter

--
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> The error codes are written strangly
>
> you need to have a close look and see it it is 5.0 or 50
> For 5.0 you need to reset the CMOS....power off...Cmos battery out...5 min
> wait...put it back ..power up and enter the BIOS to correct your settings.
>
> For 50...your having USB problems check your settings ,mobo connections
>
> peter
>
> --

cheers peter,
could the error 50 be caused by the usb headers being inserted incorrectly
causing mobo damage ?
reason im asking is i sold this board on ebay as working, and the new owner
is having issues,
cheers
mark

peter

Its almost impossible to do that......they have that blank on one side
but if someone did manage that or plug IEE into USB it would just not work
and maybe give that error code.
It would not necesarily break the Mobo...........

peter

--
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
"mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> The error codes are written strangly
>>
>> you need to have a close look and see it it is 5.0 or 50
>> For 5.0 you need to reset the CMOS....power off...Cmos battery out...5
>> min wait...put it back ..power up and enter the BIOS to correct your
>> settings.
>>
>> For 50...your having USB problems check your settings ,mobo connections
>>
>> peter
>>
>> --

> cheers peter,
> could the error 50 be caused by the usb headers being inserted incorrectly
> causing mobo damage ?
> reason im asking is i sold this board on ebay as working, and the new
> owner is having issues,
> cheers
> mark

luna

> Its almost impossible to do that......they have that blank on one side
> but if someone did manage that or plug IEE into USB it would just not work
> and maybe give that error code.
> It would not necesarily break the Mobo...........
>
> peter

yep after all the grumbling the buyer made, it was USB, thanks for your help
peter its been very useful

mark