AN8-Ultra - System Running Fail-Safe State Message?

Adriaan

Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
around the BIOS settings but cannot find anything wrong. I reloaded
optimized settings for everything, no difference. If I press F1 to continue,
everything seems to work OK. However, next time I reboot the message comes
right back.
>What is causing the message and how do I fix it?

FYI: My system has been running for just about exactly one year (built last
Xmas break). MOBO = AN8Ultra, AMD - 3800 X2 CPU, 2GB RAM. I am using BIOS
revision 15 since the later ones don't work with USB-2. I added a USB card
reader today, but I cannot image that causing it?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Adriaan

Bacon_Sarnie

"Adriaan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
> running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
> Adriaan

CMOS battery

Adriaan

How/where do I buy a new one, and how do I replace it?

Thanks! Adriaan

Adriaan

When I try to shut down windows, it does not stop after shutting down - it
restarts right away. I searched Google and found some info on Roxio CD
creator 5 causing this, but I don't have that installed and none of the
registry keys that are suggested to be removed are present on my system. Any
suggestions?

Windows XP-Home, AN8-Ultra, AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM.

Thanks! Adriaan