Announcement: C/C++ code generator from UML state diagrams (version 2.5)

Peter Mueller

Hello list readers,

SinelaboreRT supports the generation of clean and robust C / C++ code
from UML state diagrams. It was built especially for embedded software
developers.
Generated code can run even on the smallest uC.

The new version 2.5 makes a big step towards model based testing.

Features:
- Generates test cases from your state machine model
- Interactive simulation of your model
- Support for various UML modelling tools or built-in editor
- Generates clear production quality code
- Special features for high availability systems
- Supports hierarchical designs
- No run-time environment needed
- Fits well in different system designs (foreground/background, RTOS-
based ...)
- No gap between design and code anymore!

If you want to give it a try please visit www.sinelabore.com
A demo version is also available.

With best regards,
Peter Mueller

info at sinelabore.com
www.sinelabore.com

Anony Mous

On 10/12/2011 11:53 AM, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Hello list readers,
> SinelaboreRT supports the generation of clean and robust C / C++ code
> from UML state diagrams. It was built especially for embedded software
> developers. Generated code can run even on the smallest uC.
> The new version 2.5 makes a big step towards model based testing.
> Features:
> - Generates test cases from your state machine model
> - Interactive simulation of your model
> - Support for various UML modelling tools or built-in editor
> - Generates clear production quality code
> - Special features for high availability systems
> - Supports hierarchical designs
> - No run-time environment needed
> - Fits well in different system designs (foreground/background, RTOS-based ...)
> - No gap between design and code anymore!
>
> If you want to give it a try please visit www.sinelabore.com
> A demo version is also available.
> With best regards,
> Peter Mueller
> info at sinelabore.com
> www.sinelabore.com

UML statecharts are way cool. Thanks, I'll have to do some playing
around with the examples. The generated code looks similar to the
unroll/flat implementation by IBM's Rhapsody code generator. I'm
curious as to how much control you have as to the order of
execution,...i.e. which events are addressed first. In the automatic
light control example, if you wanted to check the AutoMode even
"MODE_OFF" prior to the substates events could you change that priority?
Maybe that's defined in the UML standard? Also, I want to check to
see if there is a way to generated a user defined event.

Anyone that interested should also take a look at the QP modeler which
is a similar statechart code generater, but targeted towards the Quantum
Framework: http://www.state-machine.com/qm/

Peter Mueller

Hello,

On Oct 13, 7:47*pm, Anony Mous <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 11:53 AM, Peter Mueller wrote:
>

> > Hello list readers,
> > SinelaboreRT supports the generation of clean and robust C / C++ code
> > from UML state diagrams. It was built especially for embedded software
> > developers. *Generated code can run even on the smallest uC.
> > The new version 2.5 makes a big step towards model based testing.
> > Features:
> > - Generates test cases from your state machine model
> > - Interactive simulation of your model
> > - Support for various UML modelling tools or built-in editor
> > - Generates clear production quality code
> > - Special features for high availability systems
> > - Supports hierarchical designs
> > - No run-time environment needed
> > - Fits well in different system designs (foreground/background, RTOS-based ...)
> > - No gap between design and code anymore!

> > If you want to give it a try please visitwww.sinelabore.com
> > A demo version is also available.
> > With best regards,
> > Peter Mueller
> > info at sinelabore.com
> >www.sinelabore.com

> UML statecharts are way cool. Thanks, I'll have to do some playing
> around with the examples. *The generated code looks similar to the
> unroll/flat implementation by IBM's Rhapsody code generator. *I'm
> curious as to how much control you have as to the order of
> execution,...i.e. which events are addressed first. *In the automatic
> light control example, if you wanted to check the AutoMode even
> "MODE_OFF" prior to the substates events could you change that priority?
> * Maybe that's defined in the UML standard? *Also, I want to check to
> see if there is a way to generated a user defined event.

yes you can influence the code generation quite a lot.
In the manual you can find a discussion on how to control the order
of event processing.

With best regards,
Peter

---