Another 9VJL3 that won't post

Mat

Similar to another post on this board - I too have a 9VJL3 that won't
post. I am using components that work in another system.

I don't get any beep codes whatsoever. No video - no nothing. Power
is getting to the board because the CPU fan spins up - that is about
it.

One potential problem might be my power supply. It was sufficient for
an Abit KT7A - however it only has one 20-pin ATX connector - not the
additional 4-pin and 6-pin connectors like on my 9VJL3 board.

Could this be a potential problem?

Thanks,

MJR

Lazarus

You wont get a post until you load the bios defaults......thats the way it
works on any systems I have built.

I bet you its your video card it doesnt like...try others......is it an ATI
card by any chance? There are lots of people who cannot get these to work
with chaintech mb``s myself included.

Look on their site....its all Geforce cards....see any ATI or even a mention
of them?

It smells fishy to me and to others I know!

I had an ATI 32mb DDR card which works perfect in 2 systems I have....it
would not work in the chaintech 9cjs and I tried everything including
increasing the voltage slightly after advice but still nowt!

It a conspiracy if u ask me!

"Mat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Similar to another post on this board - I too have a 9VJL3 that won't
> post. I am using components that work in another system.
>
> I don't get any beep codes whatsoever. No video - no nothing. Power
> is getting to the board because the CPU fan spins up - that is about
> it.
>
> One potential problem might be my power supply. It was sufficient for
> an Abit KT7A - however it only has one 20-pin ATX connector - not the
> additional 4-pin and 6-pin connectors like on my 9VJL3 board.
>
> Could this be a potential problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MJR

jOhN

Lazarus wrote:
> You wont get a post until you load the bios defaults......thats the way it
> works on any systems I have built.
>
> I bet you its your video card it doesnt like...try others......is it an ATI
> card by any chance? There are lots of people who cannot get these to work
> with chaintech mb``s myself included.
>
> Look on their site....its all Geforce cards....see any ATI or even a mention
> of them?
>
> It smells fishy to me and to others I know!
>
> I had an ATI 32mb DDR card which works perfect in 2 systems I have....it
> would not work in the chaintech 9cjs and I tried everything including
> increasing the voltage slightly after advice but still nowt!
>
> It a conspiracy if u ask me!
>

> "Mat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>
>>Similar to another post on this board - I too have a 9VJL3 that won't
>>post. I am using components that work in another system.
>>
>>I don't get any beep codes whatsoever. No video - no nothing. Power
>>is getting to the board because the CPU fan spins up - that is about
>>it.
>>
>>One potential problem might be my power supply. It was sufficient for
>>an Abit KT7A - however it only has one 20-pin ATX connector - not the
>>additional 4-pin and 6-pin connectors like on my 9VJL3 board.
>>
>>Could this be a potential problem?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>MJR

Pulled from Intel's website:
"All Pentium 4 processor-based systems require the standard 2x10,
20-pin ATX power connector as well as the 2x2, 4-pin 12V connector. Most
ATX form factor-based motherboards with fully loaded system
configurations may also require the 1x6, 6-pin connector. Consult the
motherboard documentation to determine power supply requirements."

You're going nowhere until you get a new power supply that matches the
ATX 12V spec.

Mat

Thanks guys for the advice. I'll try it with another PSU.

Another post about V4L, ARM and OpenCV on another embedded platform allsey87 Embedded 1 08-15-2011 07:33 AM
another newbie, possibly another dead tiger... daimonde Tyan 0 05-01-2006 10:33 PM
Another KV* Post issue (sorry..!) Paul Abit 3 05-27-2005 07:25 PM
9VJL3 thermal sensors Free Chaintech 0 02-25-2004 10:28 PM
chaintech 9VJL3 won't post - Please advise Ben August Chaintech 0 02-06-2004 02:58 AM