Another NF7-S v2.0 troubleshooting thread

Junior Member

My old system, built around an Abit NF7-S v2.0, motherboard just plain stopped working a few years ago. I still have the board and have been trying to get it to work lately. No luck so far. Here's what happens:

-Standby power LED illuminates when I turn the PSU on.
-When I turn the system power switch on, the other LED illuminates as well. All fans (except the northbridge cooler, which has been dead for years) turn at full speed.
-There is a pattern of 2 rapid but quiet clicks from the PC speaker. There are no other signs of life. The video card's cooling fan spins, but does not produce a signal.
-If I remove the RAM and power up, I get the proper "long beep" tone that means RAM is not installed. But still no display.

I have carefully inspected every capacitor; none seems to be leaking or bulged. There is no damage visible anywhere on the board.

Any ideas?