Another PB riser card on eBay

Robert E. Watts

http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-Ris...QQcmdZViewItem

I just bring 'em up as I seem 'em.

bob

mc

Thanks Bob, I've sent a e-bay message to this one also
mc
"Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:71e0e$477aa630$4ad76274$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-Ris...QQcmdZViewItem
>
> I just bring 'em up as I seem 'em.
>
> bob

Robert E. Watts

http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-52F...QQcmdZViewItem

Might have been listed before. Now it's 99¢ !

bob

Robert E. Watts

This one supports up to Pentium 233MMX CPU's, and has two USB ports. No
picture, but he mentions RCA video outputs, and L2 cache. 685 board.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Socket-7-Packard...QQcmdZViewItem

This one has RCA video outputs. Interesting board.... does not support MMX
or USB however. Picture shows L2 cache.

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

ss454_@hotmail.com

Hi

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Socket-7-Packard...rd-MBI-685-USB...
>
> This one has RCA video outputs. Interesting board.... does not support MMX
> or USB however. Picture shows L2 cache.

Yes this board does support MMXn technology. It runs max at 233
mhz. This board, if it has the RCA, also has an S-video port. This
permitted video conferencing back in the day with the Packard Bell Top
Sight video camera. The camera had a 110 v power supply ....(it was
stepped own to like 15 v or so) From the vid camera came an RCA
plug. Then there was the optional PBTV-5 card. It had a port in which
a 6pin to 7 pin mini din wire plugged into. This then plugged into
the S-video port on the motherboard. If it has the two USB, then it
also has the optional 2 megs of video ram. This would be the top of
the line 68x motherboard. I have two. I have never seen others.

Bill

Robert E. Watts

Hi Bill

Bill, I was referring to the bottom board that I listed. If you look at the
picture, there is not a voltage regulator next to the CPU socket. It can't
support a dual voltage (MMX) CPU.

Now you *can* install an overdrive MMX CPU, but the board can't support one
natively.

bob

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:8052ca7b-2324-4464-bad3-
> Yes this board does support MMXn technology. It runs max at 233
> mhz. This board, if it has the RCA, also has an S-video port. This
> permitted video conferencing back in the day with the Packard Bell Top
> Sight video camera. The camera had a 110 v power supply ....(it was
> stepped own to like 15 v or so) From the vid camera came an RCA
> plug. Then there was the optional PBTV-5 card. It had a port in which
> a 6pin to 7 pin mini din wire plugged into. This then plugged into
> the S-video port on the motherboard. If it has the two USB, then it
> also has the optional 2 megs of video ram. This would be the top of
> the line 68x motherboard. I have two. I have never seen others.
>
> Bill

mc

Ok , I'm lost here...what do these boards fit in (towers,desktops)??
mc

Robert E. Watts

Hi mc !

"mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ok , I'm lost here...what do these boards fit in (towers,desktops)??
> mc

Usually both. The riser card would be different for the case.
But the boards are usually interchangeable. To the best of my knowledge.

bob

Ben Myers

Genuine LPX motherboards are almost 100% interchangable. It all depends on the
structure of the chassis at the back. If the chassis has holes for any or all
of keyboard, mouse, parallel, serial, audio Ethenet and video, there may be a
problem fitting a board with a different arrangement of these connectors. Some
chassis (plural?) have a long rectangular opening at the back, and they expect
the motherboard to have a matching strip made of thin sheet metal.

But, for certain, any genuine LPX motherboard is an exact match for the mating
connector of a genuine LPX riser card. There are boards and riser cards that
are conceptually like LPX, but different electronically and even physically.

.... Ben Myers

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:44:19 -0500, "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi mc !
>
>"mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Ok , I'm lost here...what do these boards fit in (towers,desktops)??
>> mc

>Usually both. The riser card would be different for the case.
>But the boards are usually interchangeable. To the best of my knowledge.
>
>bob

mc

Ben
What about the MMX board, will that fit in a tower?
mc
news:(E-Mail Removed)...