Another VNF3-250 question

YanquiDawg

How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different from
my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+.

Ed

On 15 Aug 2004 23:14:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (YanquiDawg) wrote:

>How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different from
>my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+.

Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.

I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).

These BIOS settings are stable for me...
HT Clock Vcore DDR DimmV
--------------------------
4x 210 1.50 400 2.6
4x 215 1.55 400 2.7
4x 220 1.60 400 2.7
4x 225 1.60 400 2.8

I've had it up to 227MHz but lowered HT 3x to in fear of blowing up
something and got a error in prime95, so I dropped the bus back down
and left HT at 3x and still got an error in P95, so for my setup it
seems leaving HT at 4x is most stable.

Good luck,
Ed

YanquiDawg

Thanks man,that's good info.Just what I needed.Have you tweaked your DDR
timings at all? I've got one 512MB stick of Buffalo tech(Winbond) PC3700 which
tranlates to 466 FSB. I doubt I'll get very close to that. Tried changing some
settings but I got an error saying"not enough memory to load OS. Could you
point out what settings in the BIOS you changed?
Another thing is,I'm having really long boot times. Something like a minute
and a half where my last system was closer to 30 seconds.
I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg

>>How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different

>from
>>my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+

>Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
>MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.
>
>I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
>3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).

bp

On 16 Aug 2004 20:22:34 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (YanquiDawg) wrote:

>I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
>time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg

Are you using RAID ?
If so how the hell did you get it work ? Does it look like windows is
hanging for a minute ? I'm asking because mine hangs and I'm wondering
if maybe I should wait longer to see if it boots.

Ed

Only thing I changed to OC mine was the CPU Overclock MHz and the CPU
Vcore and Dimm voltage settings, they are all in the Freq/Volt section.

I set my ram timings manually and didn't have to change them to
overclock, just the dimm voltage, but you shouldn't have to mess with
dimm timings or dimm voltage until you go past 233MHz.

I'm just using PATA drives, from power on to Windows in about 30
seconds.

Ed

On 16 Aug 2004 20:22:34 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (YanquiDawg) wrote:

>Thanks man,that's good info.Just what I needed.Have you tweaked your DDR
>timings at all? I've got one 512MB stick of Buffalo tech(Winbond) PC3700 which
>tranlates to 466 FSB. I doubt I'll get very close to that. Tried changing some
>settings but I got an error saying"not enough memory to load OS. Could you
>point out what settings in the BIOS you changed?
> Another thing is,I'm having really long boot times. Something like a minute
>and a half where my last system was closer to 30 seconds.
>I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
>time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg
>
>>>How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different

>>from
>>>my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+

>>Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
>>MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.
>>
>>I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
>>3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).

YanquiDawg

Nope.No Raid.I disabled SATA in the BIOS. I just installed W2K pro(Dual Boot)
and that boots much quicker.Hmm.

On 17 Aug 2004 19:26:54 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (YanquiDawg) wrote:

>Nope.No Raid.I disabled SATA in the BIOS. I just installed W2K pro(Dual Boot)
>and that boots much quicker.Hmm.

Well that doesn't help much. ;(