Any Abit Intel-775 with just IDE sockets ?

july

So i could use my old IDE drives (2 of them) along side 2 optical ide
writers ?

saveme going SATA on this PC for a while

thanks

peter

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=ABit
peter
"july" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:_z4pi.18613$(E-Mail Removed)...

> So i could use my old IDE drives (2 of them) along side 2 optical ide
> writers ?
>
> saveme going SATA on this PC for a while
>
> thanks

peter

Sorry I just hit the send button too fast.
The link I send shows an Abit board with 2 IDE connectors........for 2 hd
and 2 dvd drives......plus 4 SATA connectors for future expansion.
I bought a Gigabyte board with the same chipset.......the Abit was not in
stock at that time.
The 650 chipset boards all have almost the same connections...which is why I
bought one.I needed the 2 IDE connectors for 2 DVD burners and the SATA for
the HDs.
So far I am running 2 SATA drives(RAID),one IDE HD,2 IDE DVD burners
,,,,,,,,,,and have a SATA DVD burner on the way.

peter

"july" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:_z4pi.18613$(E-Mail Removed)...

> So i could use my old IDE drives (2 of them) along side 2 optical ide
> writers ?
>
> saveme going SATA on this PC for a while
>
> thanks

july

thanks for the info

that looks interesting - as a review says , one of the few 2 ide port 775
boards

thanks

"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Sorry I just hit the send button too fast.
The link I send shows an Abit board with 2 IDE connectors........for 2 hd
and 2 dvd drives......plus 4 SATA connectors for future expansion.
I bought a Gigabyte board with the same chipset.......the Abit was not in
stock at that time.
The 650 chipset boards all have almost the same connections...which is why I
bought one.I needed the 2 IDE connectors for 2 DVD burners and the SATA for
the HDs.
So far I am running 2 SATA drives(RAID),one IDE HD,2 IDE DVD burners
,,,,,,,,,,and have a SATA DVD burner on the way.

peter

"july" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:_z4pi.18613$(E-Mail Removed)...

> So i could use my old IDE drives (2 of them) along side 2 optical ide
> writers ?
>
> saveme going SATA on this PC for a while
>
> thanks

peter

The only catch to the 650 chipset is that northbridge runs hot.....so if you
are aiming to overclock look at a cooling solution for that NB heatsink.
As I sit here on an evening with an outside temp of 30/32 and a room temp of
about 28 my system has an Internal case temp of 33 and that NB is at 73.
I am OCing my E6420 to 8x400 with some major voltage increases and the CPU
cores are running at 38/39 with a Thermalright HR-01 heatsink on it with a
1600RPM Fan pushing 63CFM of air out to the back exhaust fan.
Before I overclocked that NB heatsink on the Gigabyte board was 64
Celsius...so you can see it went up..up..up.
I ahve a fan on order to point at the NB sink to help cool it down.
Let me know if you decide to buy...I would like to compare NB heatsink
temps.
peter

GPU sockets are coming nv55 ATI 20 11-18-2005 02:49 PM
Sockets A... etc. Morgan Ohlson Abit 15 12-15-2004 08:31 PM
Abit VP6 - SMT devices around CPU sockets Rohan Beckles Abit 5 08-04-2004 12:03 AM
upgrading and cpu sockets David Richard Larochelle Intel 4 09-07-2003 07:57 PM
A7N8X - Corsair TwinX - which sockets? John Boy Asus 1 06-29-2003 02:44 AM