any memtest like progs for intel cpus?

Brian

Quick and to the point without the background:

As there is memtest86 for intense memory testing and error finding, are
there any programs such as this to identify bad/errored/problems in a cpu?
Looking for some way to somewhat check a cpu such as memtest checks memory,
before swapping out with a much slower cpu for a couple weeks to see if the
problem goes away.

THANKS!!

Grumble

Brian wrote:

> As there is memtest86 for intense memory testing and error finding, are
> there any programs such as this to identify bad/errored/problems in a cpu?
> Looking for some way to somewhat check a cpu such as memtest checks memory,
> before swapping out with a much slower cpu for a couple weeks to see if the
> problem goes away.

Something like this?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/redelm/

DaveW

In the 'real world', it can be generalized that CPU's tend to be black or
white: either they function fine or they don't function at all. It is
extremely rare to find one with a subtle fault.

--
DaveW

news:5h3fc.16275$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quick and to the point without the background:
>
> As there is memtest86 for intense memory testing and error finding, are
> there any programs such as this to identify bad/errored/problems in a cpu?
> Looking for some way to somewhat check a cpu such as memtest checks

memory,
> before swapping out with a much slower cpu for a couple weeks to see if

the
> problem goes away.
>
> THANKS!!

Brian

I ram prime 95 on the questioned notebook and ran it for 12 hours on torture
test with 0 errors. I'm thinking it's not the CPU in the end after all I am
reading. Thanks for your replies.

Brian