Any specific news on when we can expect new Core 2 processors from Intel?

boe

I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.

Thanks

boe

Found this -
http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of...icroprocessors

"boe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45c4ac56$0$24758$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
> If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
> processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
> Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.
>
> Thanks

Peter B. P.

boe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
> If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
> processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
> Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.
>
> Thanks

Core 2 Quad is already out. There will be 45 nm Intel CPUs by fall.

--
regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk

If guns kill, do pencils cause spelling errors?

General Schvantzkoph

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 07:37:51 -0800, boe wrote:

> I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
> If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
> processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
> Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.
>
> Thanks

The Penryn 45nm processors are due in the 2nd half of the year.

Bill Davidsen

boe wrote:
> I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
> If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
> processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
> Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.

A quick check should show that the new 45nm core2 will be out in the
fall, faster and lower power, and supposedly able to run in existing
boards with a BIOS upgrade. I would not bet the ranch on that, if you
want one waiting for a board verified to work is probably best.

I wouldn't invest in any of the extreme CPUs, they will be obsolete in
six months.

Here's a present, I found the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/te...gy/27chip.html

--