Any Windows7 touch screen tablets with a non grainy screen?

RK

Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for any of
the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu Lifebook
4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able to see the HP
Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be very grainy. Fujitsu
4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte. For Lenovo X200 a reviewer
mentioned the touchscreen version was dimmer but he didn't say if it was
glossy or matte/grainy.

I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't work
with grainy screens !

RK

I found the answer today at Microsoft PDC. Acer Aspire 1420P - a beautiful
11.6" inch tablet with multi touch support which has a normal (glossy)
screen. Just what I was looking for. With it's quoted MSRP, this device has
the potential of making tablet's mainstream.

"RK" wrote:

> Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for any of
> the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu Lifebook
> 4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able to see the HP
> Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be very grainy. Fujitsu
> 4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte. For Lenovo X200 a reviewer
> mentioned the touchscreen version was dimmer but he didn't say if it was
> glossy or matte/grainy.
>
> I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't work
> with grainy screens !

Alex VN

I,
just got the Toshiba Portlégé M750 and . . .
very happy
:-)
Alex

"RK" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for any of
> the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu Lifebook
> 4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able to see the HP
> Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be very grainy. Fujitsu
> 4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte. For Lenovo X200 a reviewer
> mentioned the touchscreen version was dimmer but he didn't say if it was
> glossy or matte/grainy.
>
> I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't work
> with grainy screens !

Mike J

I have a new Lenovo X200 Tablet with the "Outdoor" display. The display is
probably the best I've ever seen on a laptop and has *very* little
grainyness. It has a coating like a high-end camera lense that seems very
hard and has very little glare/reflectivity.

It's a little on the pricey side, but for me, the combination of the
display, world-class keyboard, and magnesium frame makes it worth every penny.

"Alex VN" wrote:

> I,
> just got the Toshiba Portlégé M750 and . . .
> very happy
> :-)
> Alex
>
> "RK" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for any of
> > the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu Lifebook
> > 4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able to see the HP
> > Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be very grainy. Fujitsu
> > 4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte. For Lenovo X200 a reviewer
> > mentioned the touchscreen version was dimmer but he didn't say if it was
> > glossy or matte/grainy.
> >
> > I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't work
> > with grainy screens !

diane whatever

"RK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for any of
> the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu Lifebook
> 4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able to see the HP
> Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be very grainy. Fujitsu
> 4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte. For Lenovo X200 a reviewer
> mentioned the touchscreen version was dimmer but he didn't say if it was
> glossy or matte/grainy.
>
> I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't work
> with grainy screens !

My HP Pavilion TX 2000 is a glossy screen ..

Rainald Taesler

diane whatever wrote:
> "RK" wrote:

>> Can anyone confirm if a glossy (non grainy screen) is available for
>> any of the Windows 7 touchscreen tablets (Dell Latitude XT2, Fujitsu
>> Lifebook 4310/4410,Fujitsu Lifebook 5010,Lenovo X200) ? I was able
>> to see the HP Touchsmart TX2 at Fry's and found the screen to be
>> very grainy. Fujitsu 4310/4410 had a better screen but still matte.
>> For Lenovo X200 a reviewer mentioned the touchscreen version was
>> dimmer but he didn't say if it was glossy or matte/grainy.
>>
>> I'm ok tolderating dimmer displays and more reflection. I just can't
>> work with grainy screens !

> My HP Pavilion TX 2000 is a glossy screen ..

Motion has models with the option of a sensor for adjusting the
brightness to the environment.

Rainald