Any word on any more price cuts?

Clark

The last processor price cut did not seem to have much effect on the
E6700. Is anything coming in the next few months?

Thanks,
Clark

Bill Davidsen

Clark wrote:
> The last processor price cut did not seem to have much effect on the
> E6700. Is anything coming in the next few months?

45nm CPUs should ship in November, that should bring down the price on
all 65nm chips some, since the early reports have the new stuff faster
and lower power (no surprise).

--
Bill Davidsen
He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting

Clark

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Clark wrote:
>> The last processor price cut did not seem to have much effect on the
>> E6700. Is anything coming in the next few months?
>>

> 45nm CPUs should ship in November, that should bring down the price on
> all 65nm chips some, since the early reports have the new stuff faster
> and lower power (no surprise).

They did drop about $2 on Newegg. I will wait and see what happens in
November.

Thanks,
Clark