Anybody running linux on P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

thepitbullofprogramming@yahoo.com

Anybody running linux on ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP? I'm thinking about
buying this board and want to know if there are any linux related
problems. I remember seeing a review while back where guy said
you could not use IDE drives and WiFi chip was not supported?
Any comments would be appreciated.

thepitbullofprogramming

Mike Pelley

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Anybody running linux on ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP? I'm thinking about
> buying this board and want to know if there are any linux related
> problems. I remember seeing a review while back where guy said
> you could not use IDE drives and WiFi chip was not supported?
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> thepitbullofprogramming

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 6 on my P5W and can't get GRUB to see
my RAID array. Installs fine but on first boot - no disks...

Mike Pelley wrote:

> I'm trying to install Fedora Core 6 on my P5W and can't get GRUB to see
> my RAID array. Installs fine but on first boot - no disks...

For my setup I want to use two IDE drives but no RAID.

I think the complaint I saw in earlier thread said this board only has
one IDE cable port so the drives would have to share cable that CD/DVD
drive
would use which would slow them down. I think that was the complaint.

thepitbullofprogramming