Anyone with an Asus A7N8X-X, Athlon XP2800+ combo?

jimjim

Hello,

I am wondering if someone with an A7N8X-X, XP2800+ combination can listen
any "clicking" noise coming from the left induction coil right under the
socket A when the mouse is moved.

Moreover, given that the CPU utilization is 0% can you please try to access
the web page below and report whether you listen to a high frequency noise
generated by the same coil?
(http://uk.asus.com/)

TIA

Nero

Acessing a web page is NOT gonna cause any ticking/clicking in
ANYthing................

jimjim

"Nero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4183bfb7$0$80657$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Acessing a web page is NOT gonna cause any ticking/clicking in
> ANYthing................

True. But can you guess why I posted this message?

TIA

Please do read my post on 29/10/04 for more info.

Joe101

It is probably a loose torroid(sp?) core. The little black donut shaped
transformer core molded of iron particles. The coil is wound through the
core hole and possibly loose. Try a toothpick full of RTV silicone rubber
between the core and some of the copper coil. Power supplies do this in
audio equipment. In your case it is a sequence of instructions that has
some frequency in the audio range. current is changing in the coil at this
frequency and rattling the core. Similar to placing a small radio next to
your computer. it makes different noise when things change on screen or
mouse is moved.

Or........ wait till you are 60 years old and you won't hear things like
that. TV set oscillators use to drive me crazy, now I drive my car with
direction signal flashing and can't hear the warning indicator.
Joe101

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BkJgd.2471$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if someone with an A7N8X-X, XP2800+ combination can listen
> any "clicking" noise coming from the left induction coil right under the
> socket A when the mouse is moved.
>
> Moreover, given that the CPU utilization is 0% can you please try to
> access the web page below and report whether you listen to a high
> frequency noise generated by the same coil?
> (http://uk.asus.com/)
>
> TIA

jimjim

> It is probably a loose torroid(sp?) core. The little black donut shaped
> transformer core molded of iron particles. The coil is wound through the
> core hole and possibly loose. Try a toothpick full of RTV silicone
> rubber between the core and some of the copper coil. Power supplies do
> this in audio equipment. In your case it is a sequence of instructions
> that has some frequency in the audio range. current is changing in the
> coil at this frequency and rattling the core. Similar to placing a small
> radio next to your computer. it makes different noise when things change
> on screen or mouse is moved.

i was also advised to use epoxy...I was hoping that the problem occurs due
to an element in my setup that when altered will gimme peace and quiet...

....I think I will defect to Gigabyte and the GA-7N400-L, as my m/b is under
DTD. Anyone heard any probs with these mobos? Any other suggestions?
TIA

> Or........ wait till you are 60 years old and you won't hear things like
> that. TV set oscillators use to drive me crazy, now I drive my car with
> direction signal flashing and can't hear the warning indicator.

:-) How is it possible that ears grow in size when you are getting older
but hearing gets worse?

Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron??? Jerry Asus 10 03-14-2006 12:37 AM
Installing ASUS Mobile Theater V3.0 on a ASUS W1Vc. Anyone else trouble as well? Evert Laptops 0 01-25-2006 02:01 PM
Athlon XP to Athlon 64 Robert Bailey Motherboards 3 03-09-2005 08:44 AM
Newbie>>Please help <<KT7A Raid>>Using Athlon-1.1MHz socket A - Want to upgrade What is the fastest Athlon that will work TIA dingbolt Abit 1 02-12-2004 12:22 AM
Strange problem with Win 2000 after Athlon 2500+ upgrade from Athlon 2000+ Thomas Jansen Gigabyte 1 10-27-2003 07:29 AM