Anyway to remove "Compaq" logo from bootup sequence?

Mike Roll

Hi all,

I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
advertise its Compaq origin.

I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
during bootup?

Thanks

doS

No, its embedded in the bios

"Mike Roll" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f7Xqb.1824$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
> including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
> advertise its Compaq origin.
>
> I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
> reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
> during bootup?
>
> Thanks

TR

"Mike Roll" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:f7Xqb.1824$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
> including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
> advertise its Compaq origin.
>
> I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
> reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
> during bootup?
>
> Thanks

You could try the following method.
Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
'display POST messages'.
If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
Compaqlogo during bootup.

Grtz,

TR

HH

Nope. Yer stuck with it.
HH

"TR" <.@.> wrote in message news:bojqtd$6h2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mike Roll" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:f7Xqb.1824$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying

around,
> > including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want

> > advertise its Compaq origin.
> >
> > I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
> > reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq

logo
> > during bootup?
> >
> > Thanks

> You could try the following method.
> Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
> 'display POST messages'.
> If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
> Compaqlogo during bootup.
>
> Grtz,
>
> TR

DEJ57

>You could try the following method.
>Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
>'display POST messages'.
>If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
>Compaqlogo during bootup.
>
>Grtz,

One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called the
"splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial red
Compaq on black screen.

Dale

Dale

TR

TR wrote:
> >You could try the following method.
> >Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot'

or
> >'display POST messages'.
> >If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
> >Compaqlogo during bootup.
> >
> >Grtz,

"DEJ57" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called

the
> "splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial

red
> Compaq on black screen.
>
> Dale

I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

Grtz

TR

DEJ57

>I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
>I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
>With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a black
screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had it....

Dale

Wanda G.

On 11 Nov 2003 22:20:54 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (DEJ57) wrote:

>>I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
>>I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
>>With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

>Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a black
>screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
>initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had it....
>
>Dale

If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.

NewKillerStar

It aint, and he cant

"Wanda G. (E-Mail Removed)>>" <Wanda <<Where is Wally> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 11 Nov 2003 22:20:54 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (DEJ57) wrote:
>

> >>I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
> >>I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
> >>With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

> >Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a

black
> >screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
> >initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had

it....

> >Dale

> If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
> programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.

DEJ57

>If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
>programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.

I should know better (old enough to have learned that there are always
exceptions to the rule). Should have said there is no reasonable way around
the logo. Yes, with great effort their are several possible ways around it,
but I'm not aware anyone has ever posted here in seven years that they have
done it, although many have asked about it. In theory, if the BIOS is a
removeable chip, you might find a chip or reprogram the chip, or you might find
a chip's manufacturer's BIOS update that would get you around it. And you may
render the PC useless in the process.
I think its fair to say there is no easy or reasonable way around it the
logo...you'd have to dislike Compaq even more than I do to go to all the
trouble and risk.

Dale

Dale