AOL 9.0 on the Tablet edition

The Bleeding Edge

Hi

I tried to install AOL 9.0 on a Toshiba protege M200. At 35% of the way into the install the tablet bule screened with a stop 0x.....1. After which most of the options in control panel stopped working. I did a software rollback and have an operational tablet. The question is.... Does AOL 9.0 work on the tablet and if so, is there any thing special that has to be done to make it work

Thanks for the help

Chris H.

You might check with AOL. Did you have all background programs shut down,
including your anti-virus? If you're running anything Symantec or something
like ZoneAlarm, they only "exit" the icon in the Systray, but don't shut
down completely. Best method is actually to uninstall them before
installing, or temporarily eliminate them from the Startup folder prior to
attempting to install.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"The Bleeding Edge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install AOL 9.0 on a Toshiba protege M200. At 35% of the way

into the install the tablet bule screened with a stop 0x.....1. After which
most of the options in control panel stopped working. I did a software
rollback and have an operational tablet. The question is.... Does AOL 9.0
work on the tablet and if so, is there any thing special that has to be done
to make it work?

> Thanks for the help

Chris De Herrera

Hi,
I had no problem installing AOL 9.0 that I downloaded from their website on
my Acer C300. So I doubt it's a Tablet PC OS issue.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.cewindows.net