Aopen? thoughts?

bob

any thoughts on these boards in here? One has been recommended to me
and I've been searching around for reviews and such and they don't
seem to be blowing anyone away, but they don't seem like a bad product
either. Most places seem to recommend asus, abit or gigabyte... is
that just sorta numbers talking or will i really be worse off with
aopen or something less popular? thanks!!

bob

Wes Newell

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:39:04 +0000, bob wrote:

> any thoughts on these boards in here? One has been recommended to me and
> I've been searching around for reviews and such and they don't seem to be
> blowing anyone away, but they don't seem like a bad product either. Most
> places seem to recommend asus, abit or gigabyte... is that just sorta
> numbers talking or will i really be worse off with aopen or something less
> popular? thanks!!

Having bought literally hundreds of boards, name brand doesn't really mean
much when it comes to quality. They are all about the same quality. Look
for chipset type and features you want. Others may tell you to avoid this
ot that brand and it's likely to be just someone that had a bad experience
with a particular brand/model single board. And there's no need to worry
about support. They all have lousy tech support. Check their website for
bios upgrades and the like. if you can't find them for older model boards
and plan on upgrading the cpu later, you might want to avoid them.

bob

>> any thoughts on these boards in here? One has been recommended to me and
>> I've been searching around for reviews and such and they don't seem to be
>> blowing anyone away, but they don't seem like a bad product either. Most
>> places seem to recommend asus, abit or gigabyte... is that just sorta
>> numbers talking or will i really be worse off with aopen or something less
>> popular? thanks!!
>>

>Having bought literally hundreds of boards, name brand doesn't really mean
>much when it comes to quality. They are all about the same quality. Look
>for chipset type and features you want. Others may tell you to avoid this
>ot that brand and it's likely to be just someone that had a bad experience
>with a particular brand/model single board. And there's no need to worry
>about support. They all have lousy tech support. Check their website for
>bios upgrades and the like. if you can't find them for older model boards
>and plan on upgrading the cpu later, you might want to avoid them.

thanks for the reply!! that's sorta what i figured. i have a p3 866
that needs updating, but it's been stable for over 2 years and i just
can't go back to the unstable days so i wanted to make sure... thanks
again!

bob