WHAT IS APIC MODE IN MAINBOARD?!

Mel

:?: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS APIC MODE AND HOW IT AFFECTS ANY PCI
DEVICE?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH ACPI MODE OR PNP AWARE OS INSIDE BIOS
SETUP

IAM INSTALLING A PCMCIA TP PCI ADAPTOR FOR DESKTOP AND WHEN THERE IS
APIC MODE IN THE MAINBOARD THIS DEVICE AINíT WORKING!
WHY WHY AND WHY?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Genera...pict58503.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296010

Judder

"Mel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7_296010_855cc6ad4411a5053b4d078a67764832@har dwareforumz.com...
> :?: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS APIC MODE AND HOW IT AFFECTS ANY PCI
> DEVICE?
> WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH ACPI MODE OR PNP AWARE OS INSIDE BIOS
> SETUP
>
> IAM INSTALLING A PCMCIA TP PCI ADAPTOR FOR DESKTOP AND WHEN THERE IS
> APIC MODE IN THE MAINBOARD THIS DEVICE AIN'T WORKING!
> WHY WHY AND WHY?
>
> --
> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Genera...pict58503.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296010

Never knew it affected the caps lock on the keyboard.

Travis Gardiner

It has something to do with the interrupt controller. With APIC on
there are up to 32 usable interrupts. Some devices or device drivers
might not like APIC to be enabled in my experience.
Mel wrote:
> :?: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS APIC MODE AND HOW IT AFFECTS ANY PCI
> DEVICE?
> WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH ACPI MODE OR PNP AWARE OS INSIDE BIOS
> SETUP
>
> IAM INSTALLING A PCMCIA TP PCI ADAPTOR FOR DESKTOP AND WHEN THERE IS
> APIC MODE IN THE MAINBOARD THIS DEVICE AINíT WORKING!
> WHY WHY AND WHY?

Interrupt Mode, APIC or PIC? forumposter32 Asus 2 06-22-2005 05:58 PM
ACPI-APIC on NF7-S? Qwest News Abit 1 04-30-2004 11:03 PM
About the K7S5A Pro I/O APIC Daniele Gratteri ECS 8 12-02-2003 01:11 AM
BIOS question: APIC Mode? Dennis Roark Shuttle 1 07-22-2003 12:50 AM
P5B533-E APIC or PIC ? hb Asus 1 07-08-2003 03:04 PM