apple market share

Joshua Whalen

I'm curious if anyone here knows what apple's european market share
is. The general market, not just education. Im particularly interested
in media business, particularly audio & video. I'm a developer, and I'm
trying to decide if I need to do language specific versions of my app,
and if so, in what languages.

Thanks a million!

Joshua

Gerry

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Joshua Whalen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone here knows what apple's european market share
> is. The general market, not just education. Im particularly interested
> in media business, particularly audio & video. I'm a developer, and I'm
> trying to decide if I need to do language specific versions of my app,
> and if so, in what languages.
>
> Thanks a million!
>

> Joshua

Have you contacted Apple Marketing department? They would have the
answers and would very likely assist you in your project.

Andy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Joshua Whalen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone here knows what apple's european market share
> is. The general market, not just education. Im particularly interested
> in media business, particularly audio & video. I'm a developer, and I'm
> trying to decide if I need to do language specific versions of my app,
> and if so, in what languages.
>
> Thanks a million!
>

> Joshua

www.google.com.

Davoud

Joshua Whalen wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone here knows what apple's european market share
> is. The general market, not just education. Im particularly interested
> in media business, particularly audio & video. I'm a developer, and I'm
> trying to decide if I need to do language specific versions of my app,
> and if so, in what languages.

Your only hope of getting any kind of reliable numbers is to buy them
from one of the market research firms. <http://www.gartner.com/> is in
the business-intelligence reporting and forecasting business, as are
others.

Apple doesn't routinely release such figures, though Steve Jobs has
been known to use them in his stage performances. You want a more
reliable source before investing time and money localizing your app.

Anecdotal evidence shows that the Mac's share in the audio and video
industries remains high, well over 50%. If you look at music videos
from the best selling pop and rock groups, those who have a ton of
electronics on stage, you will see lots of Mac portables. I've never
seen a Dull or any other kind of Windoze-only machine in such a
situation.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com