How to apply SP3 to an Asus A8N SLI-Premium Mainboard based WinXP?

Paolo Severin

I am currently running WinXP + SP2 which is installed on a hardware with
Mainboard Asus A8N SLI-Premium.

Some month ago WinXP Service Pack 3 was released by MS.
However within a short time it turned out that there are heavy problems with this
SP 3 when applying it to a WinXP based on the mentioned Mainboard.

In the meantime some bugfixes resp. work around were released (as far as I heard).

Are these bugfixes/work around reliable?

Is there a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to install SP3 WITH bugfix
on an existing SP2 system?
And how to fall back to SP2 in case that the upgrade is not working?

Paolo

Mike Bleiweiss

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:17:13 +0000, Paolo Severin wrote:

> Are these bugfixes/work around reliable?

Nope.

You're getting closer to a permanent solution though, seeing as how you
cross-posted this to a linux group.

Come on over to our party - the food's great and the beer is free.