ARM 7 and 9 evaluation board recommendation

Beamer

Hi,

I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

Thanks,
-anek

Bill Knight

You might have a look at http://www.theARMPatch.com for the ARM7
eval board(s). Warning though, the prices are below the range you
specified and also, as the proprietor, I'm a bit biased <grin>.

Regards
-Bill Knight
http://www.theARMPatch.com

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:59:14 +0700, Beamer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
>$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
>
>Thanks,
>-anek

Ulf Samuelsson

"Beamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
> $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
>
> Thanks,
> -anek

The Atmel AT91 ARM7 based EBxx boards will cost about $200-250 depending on
versions.
Should be avaialble from any decent Atmel distributor
The Atmel AT91RM9200DK ARM9 board is more expensive so this will set you
back $1500.
Not in the right price region, so you can try the Cogent CSB337 with the
same chip.
This is I think in the right price range and has been quite popular in our
region. www.cogcomp.com

..
www.at91.com has list of some other AT91 boards, but I know little about
them.

If you can wait for some time, then I think www.liab.dk will have ARM9
boards at half your price.
They want to work w companies, and not homebrew though.

The Fachhochschule Augsburg will have an open source design for the
AT91RM9200 beginning of next year.
http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~hhoegl/proj/comet/index.html

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com

Carsten

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:43:08 -0600, Bill Knight <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You might have a look at http://www.theARMPatch.com for the ARM7
>eval board(s). Warning though, the prices are below the range you
>specified and also, as the proprietor, I'm a bit biased <grin>.

Have a look here

http://anyway.no-ip.org:8080/ep/44B0db/44B0db.htm

$160

He sells on ebay (search arm development board)
Starts at $125.

Carsten

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

> I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
> $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many
pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.

Beamer

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

>>I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
>>$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
>>

>Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many
>pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.

Hi,

Thanks everyone who has given good suggestions and recommendations. I
appreciate it.

To be more specific, I need the board to evaluate ARM 7 and ARM 9 CPU
for designs involving telephony and video applications. It would be nice
if the boards come with "expansion bus" (proprietary or not doesn't
really that important at the moment). I would imagine that this
expansion bus would allow for adding expansion cards that include
audio/video codecs or things for other interesting applications.

I plan to use the Chameleon POD for debugging/development with this new
ARM 7/9 board too.

Thanks,
-anek