Armada Lapotp crackling noise right channel only??

mike

I have two Compaq Armada Laptops.
Armada E500
Armada M700
BOTH have a popping/crackling noise in the right channel only.
Starts out ok, but gets unbearable after a few minutes.
Sounds like there's gravel in the speaker, but you still
hear the noise using headphones, so it's not busted speakers.

I found several similar reports on the web, but no solutions.
Most of the discussions missed the point entirely and talked
about low-level hiss/noise etc. This is not anything that might have
been there at design time. It's HORRIBLE. Nobody could ever
think this was ok. Something broke. On BOTH machines.

I'd rather not reverse engineer this laptop if I can help it.
Are there any schematics of the audio available?
Suggestions?
Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID!

mike

Except that said, quote:
Sounds like there's gravel in the speaker, but you still
hear the noise using headphones,

To clarify, headphones plugged into the laptop have the noise.

--
Return address is VALID!

Junior Member

hey mike,

We had similar problems with the Armada 110's in our company, it ended being a problem with the main sys board. If you have one to play with, check the solder connections in the area around the speaker connector wires and the audio chip. look for cold solder points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
[...]

Right channel Crackling noise. mike Laptops 2 03-04-2008 04:22 AM
Crackling Noise on New ThinkPad mutefan@yahoo.com IBM Thinkpad 9 09-05-2006 12:47 AM
Crackling Noise on New ThinkPad mutefan@yahoo.com Laptops 9 09-05-2006 12:47 AM
crackling noise no spam Soundcards 1 02-16-2005 10:47 PM
NF7-S V2.0 crackling noise sound John Smith Abit 1 01-07-2004 11:57 PM