Aspire 8920G not reading Blu-ray discs (HELP!)

MPG

We bought an Acer Aspire 8920G recently. When we got it, one of the
first things I did was pop in the sampler Blu-ray disc that came with
the laptop and bask in the HD goodness. The other day, we made a trip
to Hollywood Video and picked up a couple BD titles to enjoy. To my
dismay, neither of these dics played in the laptop. The system could
not even recognize the discs.

When one of these is inserted, you can hear the drive trying to read
the disc for a while before giving up. Auto-play does no start. In
Windows Explorer, the drive does not show the label for the BD and
double-clicking on the drive does not do anything. We also tried to
play the discs in Acer Arcade Deluxe. When we do this, the program
tells us to insert a movie disc into the drive.

I tested both of these of these discs in a standalone Blu-ray player
and they all worked great. What can we do?

Funny enough, the sampler BD that came with the laptop still works
great...

MPG

On Jul 3, 8:46*am, Steve Pearce <*(E-Mail Removed)*> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:00:03 -0700 (PDT), MPG <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Funny enough, the sampler BD that came with the laptop still works
> >great...

> Are you sure the disks you bought are not HD-DVD?

Yes, I am sure.